Running p12 through pedals

Running p12 through pedals
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:56:33 AM »
Hey, is it safe to run the p12 through guitar pedals? such as Boss VO-1 Vocoder ??

Re: Running p12 through pedals
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 11:55:52 AM »
The output from the P12 will be quite hot, also the impedance is going to be different compared to a guitar.

Some fx will be ok with this, you need to check they support line level.

Otherwise use a reamp box before the fx.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 12:58:08 PM »
Interesting question - I run mine straight into my digital mixer and have plenty of effects options there, but I have disabled all effects on the P12 channels because there are so many options for color onboard, I just can't imaging what I would add ;). Is there something specific you are looking to add?
Prophet 12, Taurus 3, Source, XV-5080

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 12:32:04 PM »
Yeah i was thinking something like echo,reverb and delay,. but theres plenty of vsti for this. however the pedals are bit better capable of producing more interesting fx

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »
Yeah i was thinking something like echo,reverb and delay,. but theres plenty of vsti for this. however the pedals are bit better capable of producing more interesting fx

I've said this in other threads of this forum, but here it is again.  Get yourself and Eventide H9.

Thank me later,

Cheers!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »

I've said this in other threads of this forum, but here it is again.  Get yourself and Eventide H9.

Thank me later,

Cheers!

Well the $399 price for the Core is a bit much. Any opinions on the Digitech SuperNatural?

Shaw

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 04:57:43 PM »

Thank me later,

Cheers!

Well the $399 price for the Core is a bit much. Any opinions on the Digitech SuperNatural?

Never played one. They are cheaper for sure, but then again, you get a Reverb.  The H9 is certainly more expensive, but you get the gamut of effects processing: Reverbs, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Delays (different from the onboard delays of the P12), pitched effects, distortion, etc.

Check on Reverb.com, you can likely snag an H9 for $325 or so.

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 09:00:26 PM »
I thought I would expand a bit on my previous post regarding the Bigsky and my future expansion of sound using pedals with the Pro12 (and my entire rig).

I recently got back from working with another musician in their studio and they really helped me rethink some of my effect applications.

At any rate, as of tomorrow, I will be the happy owner of 3 Eventide pedals: Blackhole, TimeFactor, PitchFactor.  Some may be wondering why I don't just get the H9 (or even 2).  While the H9 is good value it is really lacking in knobs!  All of the pedals I mentioned have 10 knobs each for easy tweaking.  Also, I use an analog mixer as the centerpiece of my studio.  I really wanted the flexibility of separating each effect to it's own aux send.  This in effect has given me so much flexibility.  So much, that I wish I had a bigger mixer with more sends so I could pick up the ModFactor.

Now, I have a total of 5 pedals: Pigtronix Infinity Looper, Bigsky, Blackhole, TimeFactor, and PitchFactor.  In my studio, effects are just as important as sound sources and I treat them as such.  It is going to be a fun journey.

Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer

Shaw

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 09:08:11 PM »
...as of tomorrow, I will be the happy owner of 3 Eventide pedals: Blackhole, TimeFactor, PitchFactor.  Some may be wondering why I don't just get the H9 (or even 2).  While the H9 is good value it is really lacking in knobs!  All of the pedals I mentioned have 10 knobs each for easy tweaking.  Also, I use an analog mixer as the centerpiece of my studio.  I really wanted the flexibility of separating each effect to it's own aux send.  This in effect has given me so much flexibility.  So much, that I wish I had a bigger mixer with more sends so I could pick up the ModFactor.

Now, I have a total of 5 pedals: Pigtronix Infinity Looper, Bigsky, Blackhole, TimeFactor, and PitchFactor.  In my studio, effects are just as important as sound sources and I treat them as such.  It is going to be a fun journey.
Sound logic there... Who would turn down 10 knobs to tweak? per pedal?!?!
You could get the ModFactor and place it after the Pitch Factor in the same aux send.  Then If you want to use just one, turn the other off... Not AS flexible as 1 effect per aux send, but there's something to be said for chorused octaved repeats...  A fun journey indeed.  Enjoy!

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 09:12:42 PM »
You have read my mind.  I have thought of that very thing and I may have to consider it sooner rather than later.  Since indeed I won't be using the PitchFactor all the time, it makes perfect sense to put that on the PitchFactor send.  Ahhhh, the possibilities.  I thank you, but my wallet may not!
Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer