Best live organisation

Re: Best live organisation
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 05:56:32 AM »
You’d still need a computer to do this not ideal actually for a live performance machine..
Tempest’s development wasn’t supposed to come this far and implement so many features as Sequential devs stated.That’s why they had to prioritize features in order to not overload the available memory.The biggest complaint from all us users wasn’t the features that had to be dropped but the lack of fixing the existing bugs..
We’re not living in a perfect world and Tempest follows that rule..It kinda behaves like a human :D

Old thread I know but I am sure I was loading in "beats" via sysex without having to stop. Need to check again but it seemed that if a beat was playing and I sent another beat via sysex it just switched as soon as it loaded.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 06:00:42 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

Stoss

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »
Hi Yorgos. I'd like to respectfully disagree with some of your comments. While I think its healthy to have a positive view of a product I love (and I'm mostly there with the Tempest), I believe your comments mischaracterize what has taken place with the development of the Tempest and Dave Smith Instruments attempts to deliver what they promised to the users that purchased the product based on the belief that it's firmware would be quickly completed.

Tempest’s development wasn’t supposed to come this far and implement so many features as Sequential devs stated.
That’s why they had to prioritize features in order to not overload the available memory.

There are features implemented that were never promised or asked for (Compressor Envelope), yet features with dedicated buttons (Playlist) and features that were documented from the start (Legato Glide Modes) remain missing or non-functioning. The Tempest does have some features that were not promised from the start, but not so many that it can excuse the existing bugs and missing features. It's difficult to understand the methods that were used to prioritize the list of features that would be included, and those that would be left inoperable.

The biggest complaint from all us users wasn’t the features that had to be dropped but the lack of fixing the existing bugs..

I would say that the biggest complaint includes BOTH the documented and promised features that were dropped as well as the existing bugs. I will add that the frustration is much larger than being one complaint that can be labeled as the "biggest", but rather a long list (search the forums) of unaddressed concerns that for almost all products on the market are the type of concerns that are addressed before a product is ever initially released.

We’re not living in a perfect world and Tempest follows that rule..It kinda behaves like a human :D

Yeah... I love it like a friend... but the Tempest is a computer. Much of its existence is the compilation of 1 and 0s that tell it what to present to the user, and how to respond to the users actions. The closest thing that should be characterized as "human" would be the organic nature of it's analog components... but even those are under digital control to the point that the oscillators need a "Slop" control to make them less accurate. While the world is not perfect, the vast majority of products on the market work as promised, many of which are much more complex than this beloved machine. When they don't function properly, it's usually considered a problem... not a character trait.

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 01:18:09 AM »
I’m with you man your points are correct I won’t disagree with you..Wish things were different as you described..We can only hope Sequential learnt their lesson!
Hi Yorgos. I'd like to respectfully disagree with some of your comments. While I think its healthy to have a positive view of a product I love (and I'm mostly there with the Tempest), I believe your comments mischaracterize what has taken place with the development of the Tempest and Dave Smith Instruments attempts to deliver what they promised to the users that purchased the product based on the belief that it's firmware would be quickly completed.

Tempest’s development wasn’t supposed to come this far and implement so many features as Sequential devs stated.
That’s why they had to prioritize features in order to not overload the available memory.

There are features implemented that were never promised or asked for (Compressor Envelope), yet features with dedicated buttons (Playlist) and features that were documented from the start (Legato Glide Modes) remain missing or non-functioning. The Tempest does have some features that were not promised from the start, but not so many that it can excuse the existing bugs and missing features. It's difficult to understand the methods that were used to prioritize the list of features that would be included, and those that would be left inoperable.

The biggest complaint from all us users wasn’t the features that had to be dropped but the lack of fixing the existing bugs..

I would say that the biggest complaint includes BOTH the documented and promised features that were dropped as well as the existing bugs. I will add that the frustration is much larger than being one complaint that can be labeled as the "biggest", but rather a long list (search the forums) of unaddressed concerns that for almost all products on the market are the type of concerns that are addressed before a product is ever initially released.

Yeah... I love it like a friend... but the Tempest is a computer. Much of its existence is the compilation of 1 and 0s that tell it what to present to the user, and how to respond to the users actions. The closest thing that should be characterized as "human" would be the organic nature of it's analog components... but even those are under digital control to the point that the oscillators need a "Slop" control to make them less accurate. While the world is not perfect, the vast majority of products on the market work as promised, many of which are much more complex than this beloved machine. When they don't function properly, it's usually considered a problem... not a character trait.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:19:58 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

KoSv

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2019, 02:53:29 AM »

yes!
and I love my tempest!
great UI. love the aggro sound. nice features.
but what I don't understand is: why they've dropped the development? this machine is not ready.
there are still thing that can be fixed.
and as of today (November 2019) you can buy a fresh tempest in the store (ca. 1800€)..

and btw. writing in this forum feels like writing a letter to a dead man..

edit: sorry for hijacking the thread
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:55:23 AM by van »
Classical piano drilled.
Jazz disillusioned.
Technoid.