New OS 1.20

New OS 1.20
« on: December 07, 2020, 07:46:09 PM »
Got it installed, reset globals, tuned, and ran through some brief tests:

• Pot mode works now as expected (although I'm not sure I would ever use anything but JUP as with others a value at max has to have a full sweep-to in order to kick in)
  • From INIT patch, full resonance now audibly warbles at D#5? I hadn't noted this before
  • Pulse Width range now seems like a wider range? The SQ will almost disappear
  • Looking and listening for other subtleties

Thanks SEQUENTIAL!
--shane

Re: New OS 1.20
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 08:16:43 AM »
Updated (OS X - Sysex Librarian), went smooth, no hassel. The pot-mode now works as expected. Thank you Sequential for this update!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 02:53:28 AM »
Got it installed.

However I needed to create an account in the forums to actually beeing able to download the firmware.

Can you please consider to make the firmware updates with instructions available under the official support section of the Synths instead of posting it here?

I mean an additional post would be nice, but having it exclusive here and the need to get through the register hazzle on this site is actually not very customer friendly.

The registration did not work for me for 3 different mail addresses - the activation mails are just gotten thrown away by the provider (not even in SPAM). The last one than actually put it in SPAM and flaggt it as malicious.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 11:58:14 PM »
@Sequential:

In gearsluts PYM mentioned that this is a BETA release? Can you please confirm and if so, can you please mark the original Thread about it as BETA OS ?

I have not understood it that way from the post and pretty sure it does not mention or imply it.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 03:16:14 AM »
@Sequential:

In gearsluts PYM mentioned that this is a BETA release? Can you please confirm and if so, can you please mark the original Thread about it as BETA OS ?

I have not understood it that way from the post and pretty sure it does not mention or imply it.

Is actually anyone from Sequential in this forum here? No change in the original thread and looks still BETA. I never see any response from Sequential in any thread here. Maybe my expectations are wrong for a Vendor Forum.

jok3r

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 06:15:13 AM »
Is actually anyone from Sequential in this forum here? No change in the original thread and looks still BETA. I never see any response from Sequential in any thread here. Maybe my expectations are wrong for a Vendor Forum.

There are a lot of Sequential employees and developers around here... RobotHeart, Pym, extempo... just to name a view... and they actually answer posts here and there. I just never saw them responding to constant complaints ...

Probably they won't answer to the same topics the same person asked them in private per mail before... and why should they?  ;)
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES