Matrix Softstrings Patch

Matrix Softstrings Patch
« on: December 04, 2020, 11:15:29 AM »
Hi –

I've been trying to program this patch from OP-X plugin in my Prophet Rev2. Having once played the OB-X, I think something very similar can be achieved, but the differences between the control panels, as well as my lack of programming skills, has me a bit lost. I would really appreciate a little help.

Best

Re: Matrix Softstrings Patch
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 06:38:39 AM »
It would be easier to help if we knew how it is supposed to sound.  Without access to that particular plugin, one can only guess.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 11:06:21 AM »
It would be easier to help if we knew how it is supposed to sound.  Without access to that particular plugin, one can only guess.

This is an audio example recorded with my mac's keyboard.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 12:34:04 AM »
12 dB filter for sure.
Quite little KBD TRK on filter.

There is a slight animation on the Pulse waveforms (you will need to mix a couple of LFOs to the oscillator shapes. Maybe add a bit of keyboard tracking to the osc. shapes as well, to offset it).

The Tone:
You should check the Distortion Master effect; it has a Tone control which could give you an extra roll-off on the top/high frequencies (which happens naturally to old synths due to the caps acting as low pass filters on the output stage; muffling the sound a tad bit).