Prophet 6 - Voice playing only on one side and unable to calibrate

So it started today and I can't seem to find anything on this. One of the 6 voices only plays on the right pan. With headphones in it does it, when plugged in mono the voice just doesn't play at all and when plugged in stereo the voice only plays on the right side when all the others sound in stereo. It is pretty obvious.

So I tried calibrating the Prophet 6 by holding Preset + 0. The calibration never finishes, it blinks on the L5 for a while before continuing on its routine but it comes back and freezes on the L5. It never finishes. I have to power it off and back on to be able to do whatever. I updated to the last firmware. I tried disconnecting EVERYTHING but the power cable before doing the calibration but still it never finishes. It freezes on the L5.

Anyone ever ran into this? I'm concerned...

:(

Re: Prophet 6 - Voice playing only on one side and unable to calibrate
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 03:19:16 AM »
Hi, if you have not contacted support do it asap.

I have been through the calibration problems twice now due to two faulty voice cards on separate occasions.

There will be an issue with tuning or filter etc (i did not have panning issue)

Calibration will hang on the faulty card.

One thing that they will tell you to try is e-seating the problem voice card which is easily done after removing wooden sides and 4x small screws.

After removing/replacing card. Unplug everything but the power cable and press 'preset and 3' to clear the calibration table. Then try recalibrating

In my case re-seating cards did not solve anything and required new cards. Please let the forum know how you get on.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:22:26 AM by construct »

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 06:29:43 PM »
Thanks for your reply! I actually have not contacted support as oddly the next day it stopped doing it... but I am back on the forum now cause one voice is faulty again. It's actually behaving differently now as it's not responding to panning and will not sound according to settings but mostly like a very loud sine shape osc. I will contact support tomorrow to get their take on it. Thanks againg

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 03:21:15 PM »
Any update to this problem?  Just started happening to mine as well.  Mine has one voice panned left, but I can complete the calibration.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 02:58:59 PM »
For anyone finding this in a search, Global Reset solved my problem.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 09:48:37 PM »
I’m getting this problem on my OB6 since updating to the 1.6.4 beta firmeware today.

Have done both calibration and global rest multiple times, all 6 voice cards are firing with the hood up looking at the LEDs.

Is it just me or is this a beta firmware issue?

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 05:04:29 AM »
I Installed lates OS  6 beta and I had same problem as you folks. 1 voice acting up with a faint crackle.
I reinstalled 1.59, no joy.. did a recalibration, several times and it seems to have corrected the pan issue. I also did a global reset.  I was worried I had a faulty card as on voice in 6 cracked and panned to one side when playing notes. Seems to be working properly again.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 12:48:38 PM »
Update to my last post. The single voice pan issue came back after a day I opened the hood to see which led/voice card was the culprit. I popped it out and after a quick dust, reinserted the card. Now works like a charm.No more pan issue Easy to do, less than 5 minutes.Make sure you pull the power cord out first!

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 05:11:08 PM »
... opened the hood to see which led/voice card was the culprit. I popped it out and after a quick dust, reinserted the card. Now works like a charm.No more pan issue Easy to do, less than 5 minutes.Make sure you pull the power cord out first!

+1
solved the problem here to
i had to do  that 2 times in 5+ years

i detected that i may not push it to strong
when it sits on my stand ..it maybe bends the base a bit?

i heard it crackling when i push it  from above
and one voice stopps working on one channel

But the above procedure solved it

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 05:13:41 PM by Morphine-Boutique »