Pro 3 + DFAM?

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
Pro 3 + DFAM?
« on: November 30, 2020, 12:25:30 PM »
Just bought a DFAM as a 1st step into modular style synth gear and am curious to hear thoughts from you all who are experienced with modular about how you would connect the Pro 3.  I suppose I could use my Pro 3 to clock/trigger the DFAM?  Any guidance would be much appreciated  :)

Do any of you Pro 3 owners own a DFAM as well?
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Re: Pro 3 + DFAM?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »
Do any of you Pro 3 owners own a DFAM as well?

Hi SYZYGYX!

I also have a DFAM. Purchased before the Pro 3. I have a Pro 3 for almost 2 weeks, I am finishing the manual.
Indeed, it is possible to link them, which I intend to do thereafter. The connections should give very specific things. To have.

So far I really don't have anything back to do, except to say that I also have a DFAM :)

__FR
Salut SYZYGYX !

J'ai également un DFAM. Acheté avant le Pro 3. J'ai un Pro 3 depuis bientôt 2 semaines, je suis entrain de finir le manuel.
Effectivement, il est possible de les relier, ce que je compte bien faire par la suite. Les connexions devraient donner des choses bien particulières. A voir.

Pour l'instant je n'ai vraiment de retour à faire, si ce n'est dire que j'ai aussi un DFAM  :)
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 03:51:53 PM »
Nice!!  Thank you for your reply Beethoven!  I just ordered my DFAM and i can’t wait to see how it can be controlled by and integrated with the Pro 3.  Let me know here once you connect yours to the Pro 3 and give some feedback on what patch points you used, very curious!
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 12:55:21 AM »
I own a DFAM as well. So far I've only used it in conjunction with a Subharmonicon and a Grandmother. Since that already leaves a lot to explore, I haven't really found the time to hook it up the to Pro 3 yet. But I will definitely do it at some point.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 09:32:41 AM »
Thanks Paul I look forward to hearing how you are using the two together. 

Would you clock the DFAM with the Pro 3 sequencer?
www.syzygyxmusic.com

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 09:34:34 AM »
Thanks Paul I look forward to hearing how you are using the two together. 

Would you clock the DFAM with the Pro 3 sequencer?

I will definitely try that in conjunction with using the Pro 3 as a mod source.

andoru2001

• Andrew Clark
    • Analog Wake
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 03:54:03 AM »
Curious what ways you guys have found to use the DFAM and Pro 3 together at this point? Any tips for someone wanting to try this?
Pro 3, TR-8S, DFAM, Yamaha MX61, Korg Volcas, Logic Pro X, Arturia Prophet VST