Strange Preset Bank Loading Behavior

Shaw

Strange Preset Bank Loading Behavior
« on: November 30, 2020, 06:56:07 AM »
Has anyone ever seen a preset bank load into ALL 4 user preset bank locations instead of just the intended target Preset Bank ?

I don't even see how that could happen, but just checking if others have experienced this.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Re: Strange Preset Bank Loading Behavior
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 07:37:13 AM »
Yes, this happened to me.  Loaded into all four User banks.  And SYSEX took about 8 hours to transfer, is that normal?

Shaw

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 10:19:58 AM »
Yes, this happened to me.  Loaded into all four User banks.  And SYSEX took about 8 hours to transfer, is that normal?

I got this sorted (someone else was having the issue), but now curious about yours...

What preset banks were you sending to the PX?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 07:42:05 AM »

I got this sorted (someone else was having the issue), but now curious about yours...

I did them all at the same time.  I was under the impression that, that was what I was supposed to do.

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 08:16:04 AM »

I did them all at the same time.  I was under the impression that, that was what I was supposed to do.

Right... That’s what the other guy did.  Had me freaked out for a moment because I thought maybe there was something wrong with one of the Preset Banks.

I had thought the instructions were clear, but 2 people doing the same thing shows me that I need to re-write them.  It is confusing after all... there are 128 presets in a bank, and I send you 128 files.  Makes sense right????   

Thanks for the response.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 11:00:46 AM »
Ok, I think I understand now.  You added the other banks just in case people wanted to use a different User bank

Shaw

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 11:06:18 AM »
Ok, I think I understand now.  You added the other banks just in case people wanted to use a different User bank

Yes. Since there are 4 User Preset Banks and 32 User Sample Banks, I provided 128 preset bank files -- one for every possible combination of Preset Bank + Sample Bank.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »
Ok, this also solved my other problem with every other preset not producing any sound.  In SYSEX I was supposed to send User1 Sample 6..I understand how you formatted it now.  I'm a bonehead lol ...thanks