What (if anything) are you using to stereo-ize yer Prophets?

S_A_P

Re: What (if anything) are you using to stereo-ize yer Prophets?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2021, 07:18:09 PM »
@technoroom consider this insta-bought from me...

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 10:15:58 AM »
I've been almost smug about my pleasure with the 99% old school aspect of the P5, down to the mono outputs etc, but I plugged it into an MXR Stereo Chorus pedal last night and... Oh, right! That's a SOUND!

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2021, 09:08:54 AM »
I have some Eurorack stuff like a Expert Sleepers ES-9 audio interface. I use that to run an effect rack in Mainstage with Ensemble, Phaser, Chorus (has a Dimension D now), SilverVerb and a ChromaVerb. So I can have Solina strings or Juno pads or an endless reverb for my selected Ambient Works MCXMMIII release ....

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2021, 04:12:26 PM »
I've used a TC Electronic Juno Chorus and the Klark Teknik 3rd Dimension Chorus or a Strymon Big Sky. In the box there are so many options it really just depends on what the session requires. There are plenty of times I leave it as a mono signal as well.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2021, 02:34:27 PM »
I took a tip from the Japanese Synth Guru: Katsunori Ujiie on the MusicTrackJP Channel on Youtube and got a TC Electronic Stereo Chorus. It's an analog pedal for electric guitars but they are absolutely glorious with the P5/10. https://youtu.be/5IhC4ekLenc

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2021, 05:38:24 PM »
I’m still waiting for my P10 module to arrive. But I’ve been thinking about this very subject. One type of pedal I don’t yet have is a dedicated distortion box (I do have an H9 however). Anyone have a recommendation for a distortion/overdrive pedal that outputs stereo and is able to be very subtle? I don’t mind if it colors the sound a little as long as it sounds pleasing (100% subjective, I realize)

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »
Hi, i'm using an eventide H9Max. For me is an excelente machine. I has configured my H9 in inster mode into Logic Audio pro X making use of an external instrument. Is a great way to steroizing the Pro10 and too i can to use with other gear of my equipments.

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2021, 09:44:12 AM »
I’m still waiting for my P10 module to arrive. But I’ve been thinking about this very subject. One type of pedal I don’t yet have is a dedicated distortion box (I do have an H9 however). Anyone have a recommendation for a distortion/overdrive pedal that outputs stereo and is able to be very subtle? I don’t mind if it colors the sound a little as long as it sounds pleasing (100% subjective, I realize)

Analog Heat / Drive come immediately to mind, as does the Empress Multidrive, both of which are quite flexible. But they don't *add* stereo width or anything - you need phase or delay tricks to do that.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2021, 01:05:25 PM »
TechnoRoom, how can I get updates regarding your pan mod board?

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2022, 02:25:35 PM »
Go to https://www.technologyroom.net and scroll towards the bottom of the page. There you will find an installation / overview document and sound samples. There is also an email address for correspondence.

Disclaimer: Sequential has stated both on the GS forum and to me personally, that they will not provide support or repairs on any unit that has been modified in a manner not explicitly prescribed by them (which this mod most definitely does). The reason given is that they are too small of a company to be able to support user-modified equipment.

Regards -- Randy

TechnoRoom, how can I get updates regarding your pan mod board?

jconway3

• Rev 2, Pro 2 & OB6
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2022, 01:24:55 PM »
I have the Boss DC-2w and it doesn’t have enough headroom without a sort of workaround, kind of disappointing.

Strymon or Eventide is probably the best bet

I had similar headroom issues with some pedals like the DC2w, but since adding the Radial EXTC Stereo ramp patched into my interface my pedals sound much better. I can now control the level being sent to and coming back from the pedals. It really has made integrating my pedal collection into my workflow seamless.
https://www.radialeng.com/product/extc-stereo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 01:27:28 PM by jconway3 »

g3o2

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2022, 04:35:02 PM »
I know that the B word isnt the most popular around here for good reason, so are there any other effects/pedals that you run after your rev4s?

Strymon Volante, relevant for stereo thanks to the possibility to individually pan each playback head.

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2022, 08:20:28 AM »
I have an Alesis Quadraverb on the sends of my mixer and I route a group through it and then output the stereo pair into my Model 12 stereo channels.

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2022, 02:04:22 PM »
 If I want to have it stereo I double track it. Sometimes (rarely) I use an UAD CE1 Chorus.

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2023, 03:31:12 AM »
I’m plugging into Kemper. The reverbs & delays are very good but l now wish l hadn’t sold the Fractal fm3. It’s fx were better.

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2023, 12:25:34 PM »
Arion SCH-1

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2023, 05:02:14 AM »
P5 mono > UAFX Astra stereo > UAFX Starlight stereo > UAFX Golden stereo > mixer
All pedals in true bypass-mode so that the signal remains untouched if I chose to not engage the effects

In the studio I go directly into a mono-strip and double-track if I want stereo
Prophet 5 rev4
Moog Matriarch
Take 5
Moog Grandmother
Nord Electro 5

(Mopho X4, Prophet REV2 16, Prophet 6, OB6, PRO 3) ... as well as a pile of gear from other manufacturers

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2023, 09:17:56 AM »
Sometimes Boss CE2 Chorus, sometimes Boss Dimension (expands without sounding like chorus), and my current favorite is the Ventilator II with the leslie sim turned off; there's something about the overdrive and cabinet that really sounds good to me.
Prophet 10 Rev4, OB-X8, Moog One, Rhodes Mk8, Osmose, OB-6 desktop, Trigon 6 Desktop, Kawai VPC-1, Steinway D

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2023, 11:49:30 PM »
I use TC June-60. I really like this reproduction of the Juno chorus.

chysn

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2023, 10:45:02 AM »
I spent the first few weeks with my Prophet 5 running it through nothing at all, and being perfectly satisfied. Its sound really needs nothing. But I've read these replies with interest.

I currently do not own a dedicated effects unit, so I started running my Prophet 5 through my Pro 3's effects, and that's a lot of fun. If you try this, make sure to set the input level down to about 30%, to avoid clipping with five notes. You may need to go lower if you have a Prophet 10, but I wouldn't know.

It was enough to get me thinking about getting a good external processor.

Aside from that, I have recorded a pad part with two passes, each one panned to one side. Both passes used the same Prophet 5 sound, but I switched from the Curtis filter to the Rossum filter on the second pass.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his