Poll

How would you like to be able to delete the factory presets?

Oui
2 (50%)
No
2 (50%)
Autres
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Factory presets

Factory presets
« on: November 27, 2020, 02:59:21 PM »
Hello,

I would like to hear your "yes / no" opinion on user deletion of factory presets.

Me for example, I would like to delete them, to save directly on the machine twice as many personal presets.

It is not possible to simply remove the factory benefits.

So, for or against the abolition of factory presets ?

__ FR
Bonjour,

J'aimerai avoir votre avis "oui/non" sur la suppression par l'utilisateur des presets d'usine.

Moi par exemple, j'aimerais les supprimer, pour sauvegarder directement sur la machine deux fois plus de presets personnels.

Seulement supprimer les prestes d'usine n'est pas possible.

Alors, pour ou contre la suppression des presets d'usine ?

« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:02:28 PM by lvbeethoven »
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

chysn

Re: Factory presets
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 05:00:07 PM »
I don’t mind presets in ROM. I’ve had CR-2032s die on me before, and it’s no fun to be left with absolutely nothing.

But, really, the fallacy of the question is that there's this either/or decision made during the design, that it was either ROM presets or the same amount of extra RAM. Today, there's really no practical technical upper limit, and it mostly comes down to the interface.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 05:06:59 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 03:10:43 AM »
I believe the Soundtower editor permits overwriting factory presets, it's just not available from the on-device UI.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 05:59:57 AM »
I believe the Soundtower editor permits overwriting factory presets, it's just not available from the on-device UI.

Ah really ? I will watch. It would be great for me.

Thank you to you 2  :)
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 10:59:32 AM »
 come back to the post.

After some research in the but to delete the factory presets. I notice that even through Pro 3 Plug Se and Pro3 "Editor", it seems to me impossible to delete overwriting the factory presets.

If anyone knows how to do it, I would like someone to explain to me. :)

__ FR

Je reviens sur le post.

Après quelques recherches dans le but de supprimer les presets d'usine. Je constate que même au travers de Pro 3 Plug Se et Pro3 "Editor", il me semble impossible de supprimer d'écraser les presets d'usine.

Si quelqu'un sait comment le faire, j'aimerai qu'on m'explique.  :)
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 11:00:46 AM »
Why I want to be able to delete the factory presets, because I just can't find it current at all.
Not being able to overwrite them, modify them and save them to their location and really boring.
I have the impression of buying a synthesizer from the 2000s or I am forced while it is in 2020 to use factory presets without being able to modify and overwrite them, as if the manufacturer imposed his vision on me . Artistically it's not good not to be completely free on a musical instrument.

So, well I would really like to find a solution to be alone with the instrument.

__ FR

Pourquoi je veux pouvoir supprimer les presets d'usine, car je ne l'ai trouve pas du tout actuel, tous simplement.
Ne pas pouvoir les écraser, les modifier et les sauvegarder sur leur emplacement et vraiment chiant.
j'ai l'impression d'acheter un synthétiseurs des années 2000 ou je suis obliger alors qu'on est en 2020 d'utiliser des presets d'usine sans pouvoir les modifier et les écraser, comme si le constructeur m'imposait sa vision. Artistiquement c'est pas bon de ne pas être totalement libre sur un instrument de musique.

Donc, bon j'aimerais vraiment trouver une solution pour être seul avec l'instrument.

Qu'en pensez vous ?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 11:13:36 AM by lvbeethoven »
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 11:38:40 AM »
Why I want to be able to delete the factory presets, because I just can't find it current at all.
Not being able to overwrite them, modify them and save them to their location and really boring.
I have the impression of buying a synthesizer from the 2000s or I am forced while it is in 2020 to use factory presets without being able to modify and overwrite them, as if the manufacturer imposed his vision on me . Artistically it's not good not to be completely free on a musical instrument.

So, well I would really like to find a solution to be alone with the instrument.

__ FR

Pourquoi je veux pouvoir supprimer les presets d'usine, car je ne l'ai trouve pas du tout actuel, tous simplement.
Ne pas pouvoir les écraser, les modifier et les sauvegarder sur leur emplacement et vraiment chiant.
j'ai l'impression d'acheter un synthétiseurs des années 2000 ou je suis obliger alors qu'on est en 2020 d'utiliser des presets d'usine sans pouvoir les modifier et les écraser, comme si le constructeur m'imposait sa vision. Artistiquement c'est pas bon de ne pas être totalement libre sur un instrument de musique.

Donc, bon j'aimerais vraiment trouver une solution pour être seul avec l'instrument.

Qu'en pensez vous ?
Like @chysn said, they are on ROM not RAM so it’s not like there is normal storage we don’t have access to. At best you’d be able to dump the patches via sysex, but you’d would not be able to edit them from the synth.

But I know @creativespiral found a back door to the Rev2’s ROM. Not sure if the same trick works for the Pro 3 but maybe he can comment.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 01:00:52 PM »
Using the debug menu, one can copy the user banks to the factory banks. So, one could load the patches into the the user banks, go into the debug menu, copy them to the factory banks, then load the user banks as desired.

To get into debug mode on the Pro 3: Press and hold both Transpose Down and Up buttons, then press the Global button. To exit, press the Global button again.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »
Using the debug menu
Hello composerjk,

Indeed it works perfectly well.

The user banks are copied to the factory ones !! Incredible 8); D;)

Where did you get this information? I read the manual, I'm in the sequencer. While searching quickly, I did not find an explanation for this debug menu.

In any case, a big thank you. It's awesome ! Thus the instrument is fully adjustable.

Fortunately, this small menu exists!

PS: There are still wavetables, but that's another topic.

__FR
Bonjour composerjk,

Effectivement ça marche parfaitement ainsi.

Les banques utilisateurs sont copiées sur celles d'usine !! Incroyable  8) ;D ;)

Ou avez eu cette information ? Je lis le manuel, j'en suis au séquenceur. En cherchant rapidement, je n'ai pas trouvé d'explication sur ce menu debug.

En tous cas, un grand merci. C'est génial !  Ainsi l'instrument est totalement ajustable.

Heureusement que ce petit menu existe !

PS: Il reste encore les wavetables, mais c'est un autre sujet.

ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus