Crash report and fix update

Crash report and fix update
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:13:44 PM »
Hello  :)

Questions:
1-Or report "a crash, freeze, crash" of a device / synthesizer at Sequential, should it be done here?
2-Is there the possibility of making a crash report?
3-Does Sequential make regular bug fix updates?

Situation of the problem encountered:
Yesterday the Pro3 crashed twice. That is to say that during these 2 blocks, no more commands respond and no sound comes out. However, the indicator lights remain on. The only solution was to turn the synthesizer off and back on to resume normal operation.
"Better to save regularly ... if you don't want to lose your work"
The 2nd blocking occurred during an adjustment of one of the modulation points, and The 1st, I could not say. I did not pay attention. Furthermore, the machine was not connected to any device. These are the 2 situations that I encountered yesterday.

Thank you for your answers
Good week ! :)

__ FR
Salut  :)

Questions:
1-Ou signaler "un crash, freeze, plantage" d'un appareil / synthétiseur chez Sequential, faut-il le faire ici ?
2-Existe il, la possibilité de faire un rapport de crash ?
3-Sequential fait-il des mises à jour régulières de correction de bug ?

Mise en situation du problème rencontré:
Hier le Pro3 s'est bloqué 2 fois. C'est à dire que durant ces 2 blocages, plus aucune commande ne répond et plus aucun son ne sort. Les voyants lumineux restent cependant allumés. La seule solution était d'éteindre et de rallumer le synthétiseur pour retrouver son fonctionnement normal.
"Plutôt intérêt à sauvegarder régulièrement... si vous ne voulez pas perdre votre travail"  :'( ;)
Le 2eme blocage est intervenu lors d'un ajustement d'un des points de modulation, et Le 1er, je ne saurait le dire. Je n'ai pas fait attention. Par ailleurs, la machine n'était connectée à aucun appareil. Voilà les 2 situations que j'ai rencontré hier.

Merci pour vos réponses
Bonne semaine !  :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:16:31 PM by lvbeethoven »
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

Re: Crash report and fix update
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 03:34:10 AM »
Hi lvbeethoven,

You can report about bugs or crashes on here to find out if other users experience the same behaviour. If you would like to make sure that the Sequential team knows about the problem you're experiencing with your instrument, you should always get in touch with the support. Just send an email to support@sequential.com.

As for crash reports: If you can remember what exactly you did before a crash, it's immensely useful to let the Sequential team know. The more details you can provide, the easier it will be for them to investigate what might have caused the crash. Like I mentioned above: Rather than posting it on here, make sure to send an email to the support.

Sequential does release firmware updates with bug fixes. You'll find them over here for the Pro 3: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4216.0.html

Re: Crash report and fix update
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 09:09:27 AM »
Hi Paul,

Thank you for this precious info.
I'll follow the procedure.

__ FR
Salut Paul,

Merci pour ces précieuses infos.
Je vais suivre la procédure.

;)
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth