Sequencer problems prophet 8 module

Sequencer problems prophet 8 module
« on: April 28, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »
Good evening. I have an issue with the sequencer on my prophet 8 module (had it 3 years) in that it won't start - no light, no sequencer triggered when I push the button. If I scroll to a patch with sequence already triggered, its' fine but if I stop it, it won't start again. I've also just re-installed the OS and the 'osc mix' and 'noise' pot and led display have switched. All this happens even if no midi cables are attached.

I'd appreciate any ideas, it's very bizarre and frustrating.

Cheers

Rob

Re: Sequencer problems prophet 8 module
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
Try resetting the Globals by holding the Global button and pressing LFO 3. Alternatively, check that MIDI Clock is set to Internal in the Global menu.

The Osc Mix and Noise pots changing places indicates you've installed the keyboard OS. Download the Module OS and it'll fix that issue. Also, reinstalling the OS never fixes operational issues with the Prophet '08. The OS is a closed system so it can't become corrupted. Most likely the behavior you're experiencing is due to a setting in the Global menu.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Re: Sequencer problems prophet 8 module
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 05:34:44 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion - had tried global reset already, no change, and have now installed the correct OS. Had a reply from dsi support saying buttons are self-cleaning and to push sequencer button very hard repeatedly (up to 100 times). I'll try this and update.