Wavetable Generator - WAV2Evolver

Wavetable Generator - WAV2Evolver
« on: November 20, 2020, 01:53:53 AM »
Hello,

Another way to generate a wavetable for the Pro 3: http://wav2evolver.beigemaze.com
Which I find is more convenient than the sequential wavetable generator. (I can't use sequential wavetable generator)
The principle is simple with WAV2Evolver: you load your cycles (16 for the pro 3 are necessary) Then you generate a .syx file
Then just use SysEx Librarian: https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
To load your file into the Pro 3.
Super simple and the file and well are in the synthesizer then.

Only one problem appears:
When you go to get your new wavetable, and you use the SHAPE MOD knob to sweep the newly created wavetable, you find that the sweep is done but that only one of the 16 cycles is present on the file. syx.
Which means that you ultimately only have one waveform available instead of having 16.
What a pity !

I'm really looking for a solution, because WAV2Evolver is awesome, thanks creator! 8); D
Can someone help me pass the procedure?

Thank you  :)

_____ FR

Bonjour,

Un autre moyen de générer une wavetable pour le Pro 3: http://wav2evolver.beigemaze.com
Qui je trouve, est plus pratique que le wavetable generator de sequential. (je n'arrive pas à utiliser wavetable generator de sequential)
Le principe est simple avec WAV2Evolver: vous chargez vos cycles (16 pour le pro 3 sont nécessaire) Ensuite vous générez un fichier .syx
Il suffit ensuite d'utiliser SysEx Librarian : https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
Pour charger votre fichier dans le Pro 3.
Super simple et le fichier et bel est bien dans le synthétiseur ensuite.

Seulement un problème apparait:
Lorsque vous allez chercher votre nouvelle table d'onde, et que vous utilisez le potentiomètre SHAPE MOD pour balayer la table d'onde nouvellement crée, vous constatez que le balayage se fait mais q'un seul des 16 cycles est présent sur le fichier .syx.

Ce qui fait que vous n'avez finalement qu'une forme d'onde à disposition au lieu d'en avoir 16.
Quel dommage !

Je cherche vraiment une solution, car WAV2Evolver est génial, merci au créateur !  8) ;D
Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider à réussir la procédure ?

Merci  :)

Ps: capture d'ecran
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

chysn

Re: Wavetable Generator - WAV2Evolver
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 02:12:27 AM »
Yes, right now it’s in a “proof-of-concept” state, in which it uses the currently-selected waveform in all 16 reference wave locations.

Fear not, it shall be updated in time!

I don’t have a Pro 3 yet, so it would be hard to test. I’m hoping to get it ordered within a couple weeks.

But what kind of trouble are you having with the Sequential generator? It’s easy enough to use.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 02:21:16 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 03:03:20 AM »
Mais quel genre de problème rencontrez-vous avec le générateur séquentiel ? C'est assez facile à utiliser.

Hello chysn,

I opened a "topic" to discuss my problem concerning the sequential wavetable generator: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4818.0.html
The problem I am having and loading Waves files you will see all of them is explained :)
Thank you !

Yes, yes ... WAVE2Evolver is fine, I really regret that I did not pass the functional conversion for the PRO3.

___ FR
Bonjour chysn,

J'ai ouvert un "topic" pour évoquer mon problème concernant le wavetable generator de sequential: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4818.0.html
Le problème que je rencontre et au chargement des fichiers Waves, vous verrez tous est expliqué :)
Merci !

Oui, oui... WAVE2Evolver est bien, je regrette vraiment de ne pas réussir la conversion fonctionnelle pour le PRO3.
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

chysn

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 11:35:56 AM »
Good, I'm glad you figured it out.

WAV2Evolver is not going to do quite what the Sequential web application does. Rather, it will generate a Pro 3 wavetable that smoothly takes a single waveform from a coarse Evolver-style 128-sample waveform to a sparkling 1024-sample waveform. The Shape knob will be more of a resolution control.

I do have plans for a more comprehensive set of tools, which I'll probably get started as the winter drags on.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 10:25:23 PM »
WAV2Evolver

I would like to all add an interesting feeling. Using Wav2Evolver I ended up with "one cycle" instead of 16. However, an interesting phenomenon happened with this single cycle of wave. I don't know if it's due to Wav2Evolver or to the synthesizer but it's very interesting.

With the "single cycle" wavetable generated by Wav2Evolver, when using the Cutoff a filter "self-oscillation" phenomenon occurs. Phenomenon which I find is really interesting, and depending on the pitch of the note, "auto-oscillation" is slower and more progressive.

"It's a unique cycle" but not only, "a kind of hybrid".

I subsequently with a normally generated wavetable, tried to achieve the same effect but without much result. The phenomenon did not happen again.

So interesting, isn't it?

In the immediate future, I will "patch" 2 or 3 wavetables with the Wav2Evolver to have this effect on hand.

If you have explanatory feedback on the circumstances of the phenomenon, I am interested. I will occasionally try to make an audio extract so that we can distinguish the sound result of this phenomenon.

The fact that the filter wobbles is really interesting. it gives an evolving effect of the filter and different sound comes out ... really to hear to appreciate.

___ FR
J'aimerai tous de même ajouter un ressenti intéressant. En utilisant Wav2Evolver, je me suis retrouvé avec "un seul cycle" au lieu de 16. Cependant, c'est produit un phénomène intéressant avec ce seul cycle d'onde. Je ne sais pas si c'est du à Wav2Evolver ou au synthétiseur mais c'est très intéressant.

Avec la wavetable à "cycle unique" générée par Wav2Evolver, lorsqu'on utilise le Cutoff un phénomène "d'auto-oscciliation" du filtre se produit. Phénomène qui je trouve est vraiment intéressant, et en fonction de la hauteur de note, "l'auto-oscillation " est plus moins rapide et évolutive.

"C'est un cycle unique" mais pas seulement, "un espèce d'hybride".

J'ai par la suite avec une wavetable généré normalement, essayé d'obtenir le même effet mais sans grand résultat. Le phénomène ne s'est pas reproduit.

Donc intéressant non ?

Dans l'immédiat, je vais "patcher" 2 ou 3 wavetables avec le Wav2Evolver pour avoir cet effet sous la main.

Si vous avez des retours explicatifs sur les circonstances du phénomène, je suis preneur. J'essayerai à l'occasion de faire un extrait audio pour qu'on puisse distinguer le résultat sonore de ce phénomène.

Le fait que le filtre entre en oscillation est vraiment intéressant. ça donne un effet évolutif du filtre et différente sonorité en ressorte... vraiment à entendre pour apprécier.

;) :)
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

chysn

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 04:10:58 AM »
I can’t say much about that until I get my Pro 3. It could be an error in my WAV processing library, or in my sysex generator, or it could be a natural consequence of the Pro 3 trying to perform interpolation on an identical waveform.

I look forward to checking it out.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 07:23:56 AM »
I had time to give WAV2Evolver another try, so I tried to achieve this auto oscillation effect, but the result did not happen.

I finally wonder if the effect had not come directly from the Synth. I reflect on the matter.

I'll do some more testing to be sure.

;)

___ FR
J'ai eu le temps de faire un autre essai avec WAV2Evolver, j'ai donc essayé d'obtenir cet effet d'auto oscillation, mais le résultat ne s'est pas produit.

Je me demande finalement si l'effet n'était pas venu directement depuis le Synthé. Je réfléchis sur la question.

Je vais faire d'autres essai pour être certains.

;)
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 01:11:23 AM »
Self-oscillation effect:

In the pro 3 manual, section Mixer, it is said that through the resonance of the filter (Low Pass 1 and Low Pass 2), the filter goes into self-oscillation.

Handbook quote:

Alternatively, when
you are using Low-pass 1 or Lowpass 2, you can make
the filter develop its own sine wave by increasing the resonance to
bottom so that it oscillates. The State-Variable filter does not self-oscillate.

However, the effect obtained is not explained here.

I keep looking;)

__ FR

Effet d'auto-oscillation:

Dans le manuel du pro 3, rubrique Mixer, il est dit que par la résonance du filtre (Low Pass 1 et Low Pass 2), le filtre rentre en auto-oscillation.

Citation du manuel:

Alternativement, lorsque
vous utilisez Low-pass 1 ou Lowpass 2, vous pouvez faire en sorte que
le filtre génère sa propre onde sinusoïdale en augmentant la résonance à
fond pour qu'il oscille. Le filtre State-Variable ne s'auto-oscille pas.

Cependant l'effet obtenu n'est pas l'effet expliqué ici.

Je continue de chercher  ;)
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

chysn

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 02:29:08 PM »
I got my Pro 3 last week, so I was able to get WAV2Evolver updated and tested over the weekend. Now, when you select a waveform and click the Pro 3 download button, you get a wavetable with the original 128-sample Evolver-format waveform in the first reference wave, a high-resolution 1024-sample waveform in the 16th reference wave, and the 14 waveforms in between morph from low-resolution to high-resolution.

So the quality goes from low- to high-fi by turning the Shape Mod knob clockwise. Generally, the lower the frequency, the more apparent the effect. It's particularly obvious when oscillator 3 is used as an LFO. With very basic wave shapes, there's little difference at audio rates.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his