OLED Screen slightly wonky

OLED Screen slightly wonky
« on: November 19, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »
Hi, I'm the proud recipient of a new Pro 3 standard edition - absolutely loving it. But just one thing I've noticed is the OLED screen is slightly tilted by 1mm - so hardly worth returning to the shop for. Everything is still visible and it otherwise works well. So what I'd like to know, is the screen mounted on the circuit board or is it separate so that I can get inside and just straighten it up?

Re: OLED Screen slightly wonky
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »
There is a high chance that the screen will be soldered directly to the pcb board under the dashboard.
You can always open it. The best thing to do in this case is to take step-by-step pictures of the dismantling of the elements, in order to then be able to reassemble it without problem.
I had the opportunity to dismantle a Korg synth 3 times in this way and everything has always been well reassembled. :)
 :)
___FR

Il y a de forte chance que l'ecran soit soudé directement à la carte pcb sous le tableau de bord.
Vous pouvez tjrs l'ouvrir. Le mieux à faire dans ce cas, c'est de prendre des photos étape par étape du démontage des éléments, pour ensuite pouvoir le remonter sans problème.
J'ai eu l'occasion de démonter 3 fois un synthé Korg de cette manière et ainsi tout à toujours été bien remonté. :)
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 07:28:43 PM »
I have the Pro 3 SE and my screen is also slightly tilted but to the right, opposite of yours. Were you able to correct the issue? Just curious. Thanks

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 02:40:58 PM »
I have the Pro 3 SE and my screen is also slightly tilted but to the right, opposite of yours. Were you able to correct the issue? Just curious. Thanks

Hi buddy, no I never bothered to do anything about it. In fact, I‘d grown so used to it I hadn’t even noticed it - until you brought it up again 😁 But seriously, in every other way it’s perfect so I’m happy to live with it and thankful my Pro 3 doesn’t have some other problem that would require sending it in for repair.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 03:54:55 PM »
Hey! Thanks. Yeah, it’s definitely a minor issue. I’m pretty sure the display is soldered to the main panel board anyway so opening it up most likely won’t lead to any possible fix. Besides that I’ve looked over the main panel and I don’t know how you get that open! Lol. Ours displays are just unique. 👍

Take care!