Pro3 PlugSE

Pro3 PlugSE
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:44:29 PM »
I return to the VST Pro3 Plug SE, I am using it on Mac for now, but I intend to use it on pc as well.
The plugin receives information and sends on Pro 3 via USB via Ableton.
The information is sent and received by Pro3 plugSE when it communicates with the Pro 3.

Only there is one bug to report:
The Pro3 PlugSE plugin very quickly "crashes" regarding the manual sending of control information.

An example: I directly control the “cutoff” potentiometer on the front of the Pro 3 synthesizer; from there, the synth sends data to the plugin which then increments it in Ableton.

Only after a very short time, communication is no longer made between the Pro3 and its Pro3 PlugSE plugin.

Finally, you can no longer send data (resumption of the example) concerning the cutoff for example.

The bug even causes Ableton to crash.

Finally, real-time control is therefore not operational.

I will try to inform the developers, but also Ableton, see even sequential car this possibility of incrementing in Ableton real-time control information is really necessary, it humanizes the control and allows to capture very quickly a multitude of information.

Your opinions on the situation?
Do you have any problems on this side?
Any advice for me?

Thank you for your attention

_____

FR

Je reviens sur le VST Pro3 Plug SE, je l’utilise sur Mac pour l’instant, mais j’ai aussi l’intention d’utiliser sur pc.
Le plugin reçoit des informations et en envoi par USB au Pro3 via Ableton.
Les informations sont bien envoyées et reçues par Pro3 plugSE lorsqu’il communique avec le Pro 3.

Seulement il y a un bug à signaler:
Le plugin Pro3 PlugSE se «bloque» très rapidement concernant l’envoi manuel des informations de contrôle.

Un exemple: je contrôle directement sur la façade du synthétiseur Pro 3 le potentiomètre «cutoff»; de là, le synthé envoi des données au plugin qui ensuite les incrémente dans Ableton.

Seulement au bout d'un temps très court, la communication ne se fait plus entre le Pro3 et son plugin Pro3 PlugSE.

Finalement, vous ne pouvez plus envoyer de données (reprise de l'exemple) concernant le cutoff par exemple.

Le bug provoque même le crash d’Ableton.

Finalement, le contrôle en temps réel n'est donc pas opérationnel.

Je vais tenter d'en informer les développeurs, mais également Ableton, voir même voiture séquentielle cette possibilité d'incrémenter dans Ableton des informations de contrôle en temps réel est vraiment nécessaire, cela humanise le contrôle et permet de capturer très rapidement une multitude d ' information.

Vos avis sur la situation?
Avez-vous des problèmes de ce côté?
Un conseil à moi donner?

Merci de votre attention
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:49:59 PM by lvbeethoven »
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

Pym

Re: Pro3 PlugSE
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
This isn't our product, you'll need to get support somewhere else

I return to the VST Pro3 Plug SE, I am using it on Mac for now, but I intend to use it on pc as well.
The plugin receives information and sends on Pro 3 via USB via Ableton.
The information is sent and received by Pro3 plugSE when it communicates with the Pro 3.

Only there is one bug to report:
The Pro3 PlugSE plugin very quickly "crashes" regarding the manual sending of control information.

An example: I directly control the “cutoff” potentiometer on the front of the Pro 3 synthesizer; from there, the synth sends data to the plugin which then increments it in Ableton.

Only after a very short time, communication is no longer made between the Pro3 and its Pro3 PlugSE plugin.

Finally, you can no longer send data (resumption of the example) concerning the cutoff for example.

The bug even causes Ableton to crash.

Finally, real-time control is therefore not operational.

I will try to inform the developers, but also Ableton, see even sequential car this possibility of incrementing in Ableton real-time control information is really necessary, it humanizes the control and allows to capture very quickly a multitude of information.

Your opinions on the situation?
Do you have any problems on this side?
Any advice for me?

Thank you for your attention

_____

FR

Je reviens sur le VST Pro3 Plug SE, je l’utilise sur Mac pour l’instant, mais j’ai aussi l’intention d’utiliser sur pc.
Le plugin reçoit des informations et en envoi par USB au Pro3 via Ableton.
Les informations sont bien envoyées et reçues par Pro3 plugSE lorsqu’il communique avec le Pro 3.

Seulement il y a un bug à signaler:
Le plugin Pro3 PlugSE se «bloque» très rapidement concernant l’envoi manuel des informations de contrôle.

Un exemple: je contrôle directement sur la façade du synthétiseur Pro 3 le potentiomètre «cutoff»; de là, le synthé envoi des données au plugin qui ensuite les incrémente dans Ableton.

Seulement au bout d'un temps très court, la communication ne se fait plus entre le Pro3 et son plugin Pro3 PlugSE.

Finalement, vous ne pouvez plus envoyer de données (reprise de l'exemple) concernant le cutoff par exemple.

Le bug provoque même le crash d’Ableton.

Finalement, le contrôle en temps réel n'est donc pas opérationnel.

Je vais tenter d'en informer les développeurs, mais également Ableton, voir même voiture séquentielle cette possibilité d'incrémenter dans Ableton des informations de contrôle en temps réel est vraiment nécessaire, cela humanise le contrôle et permet de capturer très rapidement une multitude d ' information.

Vos avis sur la situation?
Avez-vous des problèmes de ce côté?
Un conseil à moi donner?

Merci de votre attention
Sequential

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 09:43:47 PM »
Hi Pym,

Thank you for the answer  :)

I will try to send a detailed summary of the problem to Soundtower. Because it is crucial to be able to capture in real time on "Ableton" the activity emitted on the front of the Pro 3.

I'll send the problem to Ableton as well ... just in case.

____FR

Salut Pym,

Merci pour la réponse  :)

Je vais essayer d'envoyer un résumé détaillé du problème à Soundtower. Car il est crucial de pouvoir capturer en temps réel sur "Ableton" l'activité émise en façade du Pro 3.

Je vais envoyer le problème également coté Ableton... au cas ou.

;)
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

Pym

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 10:32:05 AM »
Sounds good, if it ends up being a problem on our end I'm sure we'll hear about it through them. I'd start with Soundtower

Thanks!

Hi Pym,

Thank you for the answer  :)

I will try to send a detailed summary of the problem to Soundtower. Because it is crucial to be able to capture in real time on "Ableton" the activity emitted on the front of the Pro 3.

I'll send the problem to Ableton as well ... just in case.

____FR

Salut Pym,

Merci pour la réponse  :)

Je vais essayer d'envoyer un résumé détaillé du problème à Soundtower. Car il est crucial de pouvoir capturer en temps réel sur "Ableton" l'activité émise en façade du Pro 3.

Je vais envoyer le problème également coté Ableton... au cas ou.

;)
Sequential

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 10:48:42 PM »
A quick return to Pro PlugSE.

The plugins respond favorably in complex situations when automation editing is done with the mouse in the Ableton sequencer. I had the opportunity (see screenshot) to assign it complex and precise commands. The plugin sends the information and receives it.

"Note that you should not shake it too much on certain points", but overall it meets all the "mouse control" requirements. that's great :)

In the other case: control (by hand) in front from the synthesizer, that's another story.
Here communication picks up very quickly. Impossible to carry out complex and fast captures. The information is not captured by the plugin.

I add that when it captures manual information (eg Cutoff manipulation), the capture rate is too low to capture all the details of the manipulation. This will have the effect of giving a chopped result. Sacadé ...

I will try to communicate the problem to SoundTower in a while on manual capture ... from Synth to Pro3 PlugSE.
I think the ability to capture in "front of the synthesizer" directly on Ableton (Cubase, Protools ...) is fundamentally powerful and therefore necessary.

Without that we lose important features of the Synth and MAO couple (computer-assisted music)

To the pleasure  :)

___ FR
Un petit retour sur Pro PlugSE.

Le plugins répond favorablement dans les situations complexes lorsque l'édition d'automations se fait à la souris dans le séquencer Ableton. J'ai eu l'occasion (voir capture d'écran) de lui assigner des commandes complexes et précises. Le plugin envoi l'information et la reçoit.

"A noter qu'il ne faut pas trop le secouer sur certains points", mais globalement il répond à toutes les exigences "en contrôle à la souris". ça c'est génial :)

Dans l'autre cas: contrôle (à la main) en façade depuis le synthétiseur, c'est une autre histoire.
Ici la communication décroche très vite. Impossible de réaliser des captures complexes et rapides. L'information n'est pas capturée par le plugin.

J'ajoute que lorsqu'il capture une information manuelle (par exemple la manipulation du Cutoff), le taux de capture est trop faible pour capturer tous les détails de la manipulation. Ce qui aura pour effet de donner un résultat haché. Sacadé...

Je vais essayer de communiquer le problème à SoundTower d'ici quelque temps sur la capture manuelle... depuis le Synthé vers le Pro3 PlugSE.
Je pense que la capacité à capturer en "façade du synthétiseur" directement sur Ableton (Cubase, Protools...) est fondamentalement puissant (coté humain) et donc nécessaire.

Sans ça on perd des fonctionnalités importantes du couple Synthé et MAO (musique assistée par ordinateur)

Au plaisir :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:52:41 PM by lvbeethoven »
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 11:49:31 PM »
I usually wouldn't resurrect an ancient thread but I'm just wondering if you ever found a solution for this? I am having the exact same problem and have found no solutions anywhere after many, many months of looking. Soundtower themselves also couldn't help. Figured it's a long shot but maybe you had found a way to solve this. Cheers.