Ok, I get it, there will be no upgrade. But... what if the customers pay for it?

I personally consider that upgrades should be mandatory for companies when the product has malfunctions or issues. Also, they are convenient when they do not want their products be behind the competition or be unfair to a customer who spend a huge amount of money on a cutting edge product and after 2 months a new product emerges with great features that could be totally applied to the "old" product.
Both, are post selling service. Anyway, asking to add new features to a product that I bought 2 years ago, it's not reasonable. Nobody ask a car company to change the color of the car for free two years later.
But, what about if the customers can pay for this upgrade? let's say, A couple of more effects, Local Keyboard Control Off or some other of the great ideas that being around this forum. Will that be possible? Isn't that a good way for the company to capitalised features that maybe are already developed? At the same time, isn't that great for the owners who want a nice upgrade of their beloved instrument?

Pym

Who said there isn't an update coming?

I personally consider that upgrades should be mandatory for companies when the product has malfunctions or issues. Also, they are convenient when they do not want their products be behind the competition or be unfair to a customer who spend a huge amount of money on a cutting edge product and after 2 months a new product emerges with great features that could be totally applied to the "old" product.
Both, are post selling service. Anyway, asking to add new features to a product that I bought 2 years ago, it's not reasonable. Nobody ask a car company to change the color of the car for free two years later.
But, what about if the customers can pay for this upgrade? let's say, A couple of more effects, Local Keyboard Control Off or some other of the great ideas that being around this forum. Will that be possible? Isn't that a good way for the company to capitalised features that maybe are already developed? At the same time, isn't that great for the owners who want a nice upgrade of their beloved instrument?
Sequential

Whaaaaaat???
i don't know. I suppose, after a very long time since the last update, that you just rule out that option. but... that's such a nice news to hear.

Gulp.....I’m hoping so, that would be a holiday gift for sure!

.. so Xmas is coming  ;D we pray a little gift from Santa's

Kja

Last i heard they said they were busy working on prophet 5 issues and wanted to work on pro3 upgrade, then they could work on the 6's. But they also said Dave was working on implementing the vintage circuit for previous products too, so who knows? Besides pym and cbmd.