X-Plorations Vol 1 - Prophet X

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
X-Plorations Vol 1 - Prophet X
« on: November 18, 2020, 11:10:44 AM »
Hi all,

Here's the 1st of 4 Videos highlighting the Patches I've made for the Prophet X.  There will be 128 Patches, however many are Stacks or Splits and are different on each Layer.  I wnet and Sampled lots of Synths that I own, just the Oscillators and only used the on-Board Synthesis.  I'm looking to get them out in December.

https://youtu.be/W8ONiS7QSn8
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:22:32 AM by magikroom »
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

Shaw

Re: X-Plorations Vol 1 - Prophet X
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 11:19:49 AM »
https://youtu.be/W8ONiS7QSn8

** edit:  just finished watching this.  Excellent patches there Jamie.  Keep it up!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:08:52 PM by Shaw »
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 07:52:56 PM »
I appreciate the idea of sampling oscillators from other synths but I'm shocked most PX users aren't creating their own sounds around the house. Their voice, cutlery, glasses, cracking their knuckles, toilet flushing etc. So many of those awesome sounds by bands like Dephech Mode were from stuff they found about their studio.

jg666

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 11:15:21 PM »
Great stuff Jamie, you've got me thinking I need to buy this synth now  ;D
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 10:21:08 AM »
I appreciate the idea of sampling oscillators from other synths but I'm shocked most PX users aren't creating their own sounds around the house. Their voice, cutlery, glasses, cracking their knuckles, toilet flushing etc. So many of those awesome sounds by bands like Dephech Mode were from stuff they found about their studio.
Yeah I understand what you're saying, I used to do that back in the 80's but these days I don't have the time or the Cutlery to do it :)  I make Patches for myself, but I also have to bare in mind how users may want to use them, so while you might like the more Organic sounds, it may not appeal to a wider audience.  So, I have access to a lot of Synths and am using the Oscillators from them, wide open so the on-board Synthesis can turn them into pretty much any Sound I want...not so much with a baked in Sound or "Found Sound"
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 06:41:11 AM »
These sound amazing, and a great show case for the PX. Look forward to the release
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 11:48:30 AM »
Damned !!! So we can't use your online special offer (-25%) ?
After buying the OB6, as usual, your patches are always so interesting...

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 02:13:00 PM »

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 10:34:01 AM »
Here's Patches 65 to 96 - Out Dec 18th.

https://youtu.be/GTYtX-Sulfw

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 11:33:58 AM »
Some very nice patches in there. You'll have at least one customer once you release the set.

Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 12:32:22 AM »
Hello Magikroom !

Do you have completed you new library ?
I'm very excited to discover your new patches... :)

Nokki

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 04:11:49 AM »
Will we get a Christmas present? :) :)

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 04:46:50 AM »
Final Video is up and the Bank has been released. 

It contains 128 Patches, many Dual Layer Stacks and Splits.  I sampled 14 Analog Synths to use as the basis of most of the Patches, only Raw Oscillators.  Some use the Factory content, like Piano and String samples.

There is a Bug I found in that sometimes when installing the SYSEX it changes the Pitch of Instrument 1 on Layer B.  Sequential are looking into it.
https://youtu.be/hnWWhsIjltw
https://www.geosynths.com/prophetx

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 10:55:16 AM »
Hey Geosynths,
I started to email you directly but then I thought it might he better if this was posted here so others could see.
I just took a chance and bought the Explorations sound set a couple days ago. Just wanna say that I am absolutely blown away by the work and quality that went into these. I’ve been buying synths since 1986 and some of these patches actually gave me the chills, they were so good. I think the last time that happened was when I played a Wavestation for the first time back in 91’. They completely put the stock presets to shame. Just absolutely beautiful stuff. I will happily purchase whatever additional ProphetX sound sets you decide to release in the future (fingers crossed).
Also, I appreciate you being upfront about the pitch ‘bug’ and offering a simple and clear remedy. Took me about 10 minutes to go thru the affected patches and make the quick changes and then I was good to go.
Grab this one, folks. This set is ‘top shelf’.
Well done!

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 11:07:10 AM »
I am very much looking forward to picking up the pack and trying it out when I'm finally able to travel back to the residence where my Prophet X waits patiently.

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 09:58:58 PM »
Hey Geosynths,
I started to email you directly but then I thought it might he better if this was posted here so others could see.
I just took a chance and bought the Explorations sound set a couple days ago. Just wanna say that I am absolutely blown away by the work and quality that went into these. I’ve been buying synths since 1986 and some of these patches actually gave me the chills, they were so good. I think the last time that happened was when I played a Wavestation for the first time back in 91’. They completely put the stock presets to shame. Just absolutely beautiful stuff. I will happily purchase whatever additional ProphetX sound sets you decide to release in the future (fingers crossed).
Also, I appreciate you being upfront about the pitch ‘bug’ and offering a simple and clear remedy. Took me about 10 minutes to go thru the affected patches and make the quick changes and then I was good to go.
Grab this one, folks. This set is ‘top shelf’.
Well done!
Wow, that has to be one of the nicest comments I've had and really appreciate it.  I know what you mean when you say 'Chills', I had similar with the Wavestation and the Korg 01W when they came out.  Thanks for this :)

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 09:16:54 AM »
Just bought the pack. What an amazing array of sounds you have created. Very impressed. My P12 also needs some loving. Going to look at your packs for that as well.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 12:10:06 PM »
I have also purchased this pack. It is very good, and a few patches are giving me instant inspiration.

I have made a nice little fun rig (in addition to my main Montage/Kronos gig rig), of Novation Summit, Prophet X and Korg Wavestate that is so inspirational. A few of your patches are complementing some ideas I had around the Summit and Wavestate really nicely.

Regards
Derek

----------