Pro3 Plug SE & Riddim, DnB, Bass House

Pro3 Plug SE & Riddim, DnB, Bass House
« on: November 18, 2020, 10:15:13 AM »
Why I bought a Pro 3  8)

I bought a Pro 3 for its PC interaction capabilities.
All its commands without exception are controllable thanks to the Pro3 plugSE plugin.
If we add to this, the fact that it also includes a wavetable OSC, whose particularity is to be able to import its own wavetables inside, makes it an instrument capable of rendering sounds. hallucinating.
Pair that with software like Ableton and you get a sophisticated and very interesting chemistry in my opinion.
The machine is thus operational in very sophisticated sound contexts.
Electro, Bass House, DnB, Riddim, Neuro Bass, Trap etc from the moment we know how to draw the resources.

Following this, I would like to ask for your feedback on your experience with the Pro3 PlugSE plugin which allows you to control the synthesizer from the controllers of a PC.

Does the synthesizer meet the most demanding requirements with this plugin?
(Massive and very fast automation)
Can the synthesizer handle a large load of control information?

In addition, are there any users of this synthesizer who do Riddim, DnB, Trap with?

:) ;)

Musically

Ps: I'm going to open another post to talk about wavetable injection into the machine. I find some constraints laborious.

FRENCH TRANSLATION:

Pourquoi j’ai acheté un Pro 3

J’ai acheté un Pro 3 pour ses capacités d’interaction avec un PC.
Toutes ses commandes sans exception sont contrôlables grâce au plugin Pro3 plugSE.
Si on additionne à cela, le fait qu'également, il comporte un OSC à table d'onde, dont la particularité est de pouvoir importer ses propres tables d'ondes à l'intérieur, fait de lui un instrument capable de rendre des sonorités hallucinantes.
Coupler à cela un logiciel comme Ableton et vous obtenez une alchimie sophistiquée et très intéressante selon moi.
La machine, ainsi est opérationnelle dans des contextes sonores très sophistiqués.
Électro, Bass House, DnB, Riddim, Neuro Bass, Trap etc à partir du moment où on sait en tirer les ressources.

J’aimerais suite à ça, demander vos retours d’expérience avec le plugin Pro3 PlugSE qui permet de contrôler le synthétiseur depuis les contrôleurs d’un PC.

Est-ce que le synthétiseur répond aux exigences les plus poussées avec ce plugin?
(Automatisation massive et très rapide)
Est-ce que le synthétiseur arrive à supporter une charge importante d’information de contrôle?

Par ailleurs, y a-t-il des utilisateurs de ce synthétiseur qui font du Riddim, DnB, Trap avec?

:)

Musicalement

Ps: je vais ouvrir un autre poste pour parler de l’injection de table d’onde dans la machine. Je trouve certaines contraintes laborieuses.
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

Moho

Re: Pro3 Plug SE & Riddim, DnB, Bass House
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 06:07:32 PM »
I was looking to purchase the Pro3 plugSE plugin, I tried the demo and had a couple of questions but the support page just gives a 404, so I emailed them with my questions, that was 5 months ago and still no reply. guess what, I didn't buy it, not with that level of support. YMMV

Re: Pro3 Plug SE & Riddim, DnB, Bass House
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 12:33:36 AM »
Hi Moho;)

Could you try posting your questions here? Maybe someone can answer it.

For my part I did a "panic test" with the plugin. That is to say that I deliberately overloaded information to process the program to see if it responded correctly.

(test carried out empty under Ableton, without the synthesizer connected)

He has answered...

The only defect noted was a real-time viewing and recording problem.

Real time recording:
Manually controlling a broken function. For example, if you move a potentiometer to create an automation, the information may not be interpreted and therefore not be recorded in the DAW.

You can still control the commands with the mouse though.

Real time visualization:
On the plugin interface, when you request a function, an automation line appears on Ableton.
After ten random requests on the plugin interface, visual communication ceases between the plugin and Ableton.

The functions, however, still work, but are no longer displayed in real time.

To access these functions, you must access them otherwise.

I am thinking of sending the developers a scenario of the problem.
Hope they respond.

Contact with support:

There seem to be several contact emails:

editors@soundtower.com

I contacted them yesterday by this email:

prophet@soundtower.com

They answered.

To promote demand processing, I would say that it is perhaps necessary to send the most precise wording possible. Since we are talking about "technical things", the maximum of details can make the difference.

FR TRANSLATION

Salut Moho  ;)

Vous pourriez essayer de poster vos questions ici ? Peut-être que quelqu'un peut y répondre.

De mon coté j'ai fait un "test de panique" avec le plugin. C'est à dire que j'ai volontairement surchargé d'informations à traiter le programme pour voir si il répondait correctement.

(Tests effectués à vide sous Ableton, sans le synthétiseur connecté)

Il a répondu...

Le seul défaut noté et un problème de visualisation et d'enregistrement en temps réel.

Enregistrement en temps réel:
Commander manuellement une fonction disfonctionne... Par exemple, si vous bouger un potentiomètre pour créer un automatisme, il se peut que l'information ne soit pas interprété et donc ne soit pas enregistrer dans le DAW.

On peut toujours contrôler les commandes à la souris cependant.

Visualisation en temps réel:
Sur l'interface du plugin, lorsqu'on sollicite une fonction, une ligne d'automation apparaît à l'écran sur Ableton.
Au bout d'une dizaine de sollicitations au hasard sur l'interface du plugin, la communication visuel cesse entre le plugin et Ableton.

Les fonctions, cependant fonctionnent toujours, mais ne s'affichent plus en temps réel.
Pour avoir accès à ces fonctions, il faut y accéder autrement...
Plugin>configuration.

Je pense envoyer aux développeurs, une mise en situation du problème.
Espérons qu'ils répondent.

Prise de contact avec le support:

Il y a semble-t'il plusieurs emails de contact:
editors@soundtower.com

Je les ai contacté hier par cette email:
prophet@soundtower.com

Ils ont répondus.

Pour favoriser un traitement de la demande, je dirais qu'il est peut-être nécessaire d'envoyer une formulation la plus précise possible. Etant donné qu'on parle "de choses techniques", le maximum de détails peut faire la différence.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 12:47:09 AM by lvbeethoven »
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt