8DIO add-on Model D: sample Saw 5ths

8DIO add-on Model D: sample Saw 5ths
« on: November 16, 2020, 02:25:32 PM »
Hi,

Could anyone confirm that has the Model-D add on pack by 8Dio that the sample Saw 5ths plays the same note I think from C7 and up? Is it a bug? The other samples from the add-on play the whole range of notes.

Re: 8DIO add-on Model D: sample Saw 5ths
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 09:01:11 PM »
Could anyone confirm that has the Model-D add on pack by 8Dio that the sample Saw 5ths plays the same note I think from C7 and up? Is it a bug? The other samples from the add-on play the whole range of notes.

It all depends entirely on the original sampled material.  I don't have the pack in question, but the first pack "The Last Prophet" was sampled on every other note from C1 to C6 if I remember correctly.  It can only pitch bend samples up an octave, so what you're seeing is expected behavior.

The sample stretch mode uses a different pitch-bending technique that can cover a wider range at the expense of transposition fidelity and using a single sample across the keyboard rather than a multi-sample, so that might be worth looking into if you're looking for something more extreme.

Footnote: Keep in mind that that I haven't seen my Prophet X in months!  It's possible I've gotten some detail wrong, but the basic gist should be sound enough.

mkx

Re: 8DIO add-on Model D: sample Saw 5ths
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 04:40:41 PM »
What about velocities, multi-sampling?

Seems, if ears do not mistake, most 8Dio factory bits, not add-on packs, are 2 velocities only (per note).

TIA