Patch layering

LPF83

Patch layering
« on: November 13, 2020, 02:45:52 PM »
I like Alex Ball's videos, but he said something I found interesting, that one of the reasons he wanted a P10 was the likelihood of patch layering coming as a feature (2 sounds, 5 voices each).  Has there been a discussion (here or elsewhere) I've missed or a hint that this is being seriously considered?  Or was Alex just expressing his wish list?

I also noticed when he plays more than 5 notes, it sounds a bit messy to my ear.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Shaw

Re: Patch layering
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 03:08:52 PM »
I like Alex Ball's videos, but he said something I found interesting, that one of the reasons he wanted a P10 was the likelihood of patch layering coming as a feature (2 sounds, 5 voices each).  Has there been a discussion (here or elsewhere) I've missed or a hint that this is being seriously considered?  Or was Alex just expressing his wish list?

I also noticed when he plays more than 5 notes, it sounds a bit messy to my ear.
That sounds like wishful thinking / fantasy.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 04:15:30 PM »
That sounds like wishful thinking / fantasy.

That was my initial hunch... but I wanted to be sure I didn't miss some important comments on GS (which I rarely read due to pissing matches and everything getting lumped in one thread), or elsewhere.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

A Thousand Eyes

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »
I won't be holding my breath, but hopefully he's right.

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 05:46:12 PM »
I won't be holding my breath, but hopefully he's right.

Same...it just seems unlikely.   Are there any synths in existence that allow 2 layers using a 3-digit display?  All the ones that come to my mind have a display that can accommodate it.  I can honestly say that I appreciate the single layer of the P6 and OB-6 equally as often as I appreciate the dual layers of the Rev2.  Sometimes in making music, simplicity wins over features.