Modulation Question

Modulation Question
« on: November 13, 2020, 09:13:32 AM »
I use Noise as a modulation source (probably too much), but, when I go to a new mod slot, hold the "source" button, and the press then "noise" button it doesn't work. It also doesn't work for my volume pedal either, and have to usually do both manually. Why is this the case? (or is something wrong with my synth?) It does work for the LFO's, LPF, pressure (pressing keys twice), velocity (once),a nd note number (3 times)...just wondering.........

Re: Modulation Question
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 01:41:09 PM »
...when I go to a new mod slot, hold the "source" button, and the press then "noise" button it doesn't work.

Why is this the case?
I'm assuming that when you say 'press then "noise" button', you mean 'turn the "noise" knob'.

I doubt there's a technical limitation.  It might be programmed that way because the noise signal used as a mod source is not being derived from the noise that's present in the oscillator section.

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 04:43:34 PM »
...when I go to a new mod slot, hold the "source" button, and the press then "noise" button it doesn't work.

Why is this the case?
I'm assuming that when you say 'press then "noise" button', you mean 'turn the "noise" knob'.

I doubt there's a technical limitation.  It might be programmed that way because the noise signal used as a mod source is not being derived from the noise that's present in the oscillator section.

I don't think its a limitation, just a bug.  Noise can be assigned as a mod source in the matrix and manipulated with the knob for same effect, it's just that holding source doesn't seem to map to it (i.e. the functionality is there, but the shortcut the synth UI offers needs a fix).
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 12:50:16 PM »

Why is this the case?

I don't think its a limitation, just a bug.  Noise can be assigned as a mod source in the matrix and manipulated with the knob for same effect, it's just that holding source doesn't seem to map to it (i.e. the functionality is there, but the shortcut the synth UI offers needs a fix).

Yes, sorry, by "noise button" I meant "noise knob". I will contact sequential directly to see if this occurs on other REV 2s.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 01:41:51 AM »
When they are fixing the mod-matrix inferface (in an imaginary world, where Sequential actually bothered fixing bugs in a 3-years old instrument), they could also add the following but I mentioned a while ago:
The shortcut <destination> - <move modwheel> only works once. If there is already one modwheel entry in the mod-matrix, the shortcut does not do anything anymore. It would be natural to have it either 1) create a new mod slot for modwheel (the same behavior as when using the shortcut the first time; this would be my preferred behavior), or 2) jump to the existing modwheel mod slot.