Evolver Sequencer MIDI Sync?

chysn

Evolver Sequencer MIDI Sync?
« on: April 27, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »
I've never had to do this in over a year with my Desktop Evolver, and I'm reaching a high level of frustration here. Is this just one of those known-of-forever MIDI bugs, or is there something I can actually do to fix this?

Basically, I want to start the Evolver sequencer and the Mother-32 sequencer at the same time, using the Evolver. When I press Start on the Evolver, the Evolver starts right away. The Mother-32 sequencer starts, but the timing varies wildly, usually between shortly after the first step to shortly after the second step. The Mother-32 plays at the correct tempo, but at nowhere near the correct time.

By experimenting with various other equipment (Reaper from my Mac, my Alesis MMT-8) I've traced my problem to the fact that the Evolver doesn't send a Start message when the Start button is played; it sends a Continue message. When the Mother-32 receives a Continue message, it responds appropriately. Unfortunately, the appropriate response is to not start from the top.

I guess the short question is, is there a way for the Evolver Desktop to be configured to send a Start message?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Peter Hanes

• Evolver, PolyEvolver
Re: Evolver Sequencer MIDI Sync?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 03:14:06 PM »
My Evolver (desktop) sends a MIDI Start message if the current sequencer location is step 1.

If you have stopped the sequence, then start it again, the Evolver will send a MIDI Continue message.

If you have stopped a sequence, then press the Reset button, then start the sequence, the Evolver will send a MIDI Start message.

chysn

Re: Evolver Sequencer MIDI Sync?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:34:42 PM »
I appreciate you checking that out, thank you.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his