Prophet 5/10 - OS Tweak Requests

Re: Prophet 5/10 - OS Tweak Requests
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2021, 11:32:09 PM »
Also, what if you could somehow set the vintage knob as a destination for the WHEEL-MOD?  :o

Sounds a bit "overkill" modification IMO  :P
If you can reach the mod wheel while playing, you can reach the vintage knob to .....   ???

Cheers !

You can also reach the filter and PW knob but that didn't stop them from being destinations.  ???

Only thing that makes it overkill for me is that it would be a menu dive to enable.

I'm just throwing stuff out there since we now have a third row for GLOBALS.

Cheers

Worth bearing in mind that “globals” is what it says it is, namely a setting which applies globally to all presets rather than a per-preset setting. As such, it wouldn’t really be a suitable place for the feature you suggested.

What would be welcome there, however, would be an +/- 1 and 2 octave transpose for the keyboard so that the MIDI notes it spits out when being used as a controller (or when controlling locally) are shifted accordingly. Whilst it currently possible to transpose 12 semitones in either direction, this only affects the pitches, not the MIDI note numbers being sent.

Good point, GLOBALS wouldn't be the place for it..

However, regardless where this function is suitable, I think the LFO modulating the vintage knob would lead to a lot of happy accidents. It already is when I twist the vintage knob and follow the LFO rate during a sequence. But just imagine if it was a switch in the destination MOD.

Overkill just isn't a good enough excuse for me. I'm sure we can all think of something on a synth that seems overkill but we just work around it or avoid it all together.

Cheers
Korg Mono/Poly, Sequential Prophet 10 Rev4, Buchla Music Easel

jc

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2021, 05:56:56 PM »
What would be welcome there, however, would be an +/- 1 and 2 octave transpose for the keyboard so that the MIDI notes it spits out when being used as a controller (or when controlling locally) are shifted accordingly. Whilst it currently possible to transpose 12 semitones in either direction, this only affects the pitches, not the MIDI note numbers being sent.

It’s bizarre this wasn’t added right out of the gate? Such a beautiful keyboard but not having midi transpose +/- 1, 2 and even 3 octaves out to modules and other keyboards is an oversight that makes it fairly useless as a controller which is such a shame. This should be a centerpiece synth/controller.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 05:58:32 PM by jc »

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2021, 07:10:58 PM »
+1 for octave shifts and remembering live-panel mode after restart

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2021, 03:20:41 PM »

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2021, 10:36:05 PM »
+1 for octave shifts and remembering live-panel mode after restart
+100 Add me to those wishes too.

Now I would like some tweaks if possible.

• Filter Cutoff "optional" setting for smooth transition while turning opposed to the classic P5 stepped way.

• Ability to route pitch bend wheel to filter.

CPN37

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2021, 06:00:04 AM »
Following on from a discussion over at the "Off Topic" page, regarding the Prophet-5 Rev 4 Filter Rev1/2 sawtooth ramp being 'up' & the Filter Rev3 ramp being 'down', I was wondering if Sequential might consider having an option in Globals to switch the Osc B Lo Freq sawtooth ramp from 'up' to 'down'?

Currently, even though the Filter Rev3 Osc A & B sawtooth waveforms are 'down', putting Osc B in Lo Freq mode inverts the sawtooth back round again. Having the option to have a 'down' ramp on the Osc B Lo Freq would be handy for percussive/synth bass type sounds etc.

Also, in terms of this possibly veering away from the character of a Prophet-5, the original double manual Prophet-10 did have an option for either sawtooth waveform in the LFO section, so maybe it's still in keeping with the older Prophets? (An alternative request would be to just have a setting in the Globals to invert the LFO section sawtooth)
Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

nickcarlisle.bandcamp.com

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2021, 01:58:19 AM »
I am using my P5 rev4 as a midi controller, it would be amazing to have on option to send MIDI data from the keyboard only and disable data from the other controls!

Would be so handy not to mess other synths settings when modifying a P5 patch (I am playing differents synths at the same time)

Thanks!

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2021, 02:47:07 AM »
I am using my P5 rev4 as a midi controller, it would be amazing to have on option to send MIDI data from the keyboard only and disable data from the other controls!

Would be so handy not to mess other synths settings when modifying a P5 patch (I am playing differents synths at the same time)

Thanks!

Can´t you turn off CC-control on "the other synts" ?

Cheers !

1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 09:08:49 AM »
A big miss for me from the p6 is audio rate lfo, its great for build up effects, P10 lfo doesnt get high enough, have to use vco 2 so you dont get mod wheel control and loose a vco, would love this to be added