The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Prophet 5/10 - OS Tweak Requests

Re: Prophet 5/10 - OS Tweak Requests
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2021, 11:32:09 PM »
Also, what if you could somehow set the vintage knob as a destination for the WHEEL-MOD?  :o

Sounds a bit "overkill" modification IMO  :P
If you can reach the mod wheel while playing, you can reach the vintage knob to .....   ???

Cheers !

You can also reach the filter and PW knob but that didn't stop them from being destinations.  ???

Only thing that makes it overkill for me is that it would be a menu dive to enable.

I'm just throwing stuff out there since we now have a third row for GLOBALS.

Cheers

Worth bearing in mind that “globals” is what it says it is, namely a setting which applies globally to all presets rather than a per-preset setting. As such, it wouldn’t really be a suitable place for the feature you suggested.

What would be welcome there, however, would be an +/- 1 and 2 octave transpose for the keyboard so that the MIDI notes it spits out when being used as a controller (or when controlling locally) are shifted accordingly. Whilst it currently possible to transpose 12 semitones in either direction, this only affects the pitches, not the MIDI note numbers being sent.

Good point, GLOBALS wouldn't be the place for it..

However, regardless where this function is suitable, I think the LFO modulating the vintage knob would lead to a lot of happy accidents. It already is when I twist the vintage knob and follow the LFO rate during a sequence. But just imagine if it was a switch in the destination MOD.

Overkill just isn't a good enough excuse for me. I'm sure we can all think of something on a synth that seems overkill but we just work around it or avoid it all together.

Cheers
Korg Mono/Poly, Sequential Prophet 10 Rev4