OB6 keybd - plays 6 voices, then skips 6 voices, repeat, repeat...

Half my notes are missing!  I plays 6 notes "sequentially" then silence for the next six.  I've tested extensively, very experienced (m)idiot, I've checked all my globals, etc.  Headphone jack acts the same.  Happens regardless of playing the synth locally or over midi input.  Of course I've adjusted the voice knob that spreads out the voices but this has no effect.

It's almost like it's in a spillover mode, but I can't find how to turn that on or off in the manual.  Any ideas?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 09:46:34 AM by smerny »

Pym

Re: OB6 keybd - plays 6 voices, then skips 6 voices, repeat, repeat...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 11:24:48 AM »
Sounds like poly chain is on, try turning it off in globals or doing a global reset

Half my notes are missing!  I plays 6 notes "sequentially" then silence for the next six.  I've tested extensively, very experienced (m)idiot, I've checked all my globals, etc.  Headphone jack acts the same.  Happens regardless of playing the synth locally or over midi input.  Of course I've adjusted the voice knob that spreads out the voices but this has no effect.

It's almost like it's in a spillover mode, but I can't find how to turn that on or off in the manual.  Any ideas?
Thanks!
Sequential

Re: OB6 keybd - plays 6 voices, then skips 6 voices, repeat, repeat...
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 12:50:19 AM »
Yep, definitely sounds like Poly Chain is On. Press Globals and 9, and then with the decrement and increment buttons select anything other than PLY (poly-chain mode).

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340