possible second dodgy voice card!

possible second dodgy voice card!
« on: November 05, 2020, 01:37:28 PM »
Hi

Already replaced one voice card approx 2 years ago. Did a winter recalibration and it hung on L6 something i did not want to see again!

Contacted support already but waiting to here.

I am on v1.6.2 can someone clarify if they see a number before the firmware version as I have a 6 followed by 1.6.2. Don't remember seeing that before.

Thanks for any input.

Re: possible second dodgy voice card!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 05:40:32 AM »
Sorted out by Sequential support. Second voice card went bad.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 10:03:35 PM »
Hello,

I'm glad support solved your problem. But I'm worried because the voice cards don't look very reliable. ??? Do you use your Prophet-6 a lot ?

My Prophet-6, displays "6" (means "Prophet-6") just before the firmware version (1.5.9) too.

Regards.

Pym

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 11:33:32 PM »
I know I have a bias, but I also have a lot more information.  Voice cards going bad is REALLY REALLY rare. Having two of them in one instrument is a statistical anomaly and we take it very serious but it's likely just an edge case. In any case, we do take it very seriously
Sequential

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 08:40:12 AM »
I know I have a bias, but I also have a lot more information.  Voice cards going bad is REALLY REALLY rare. Having two of them in one instrument is a statistical anomaly and we take it very serious but it's likely just an edge case. In any case, we do take it very seriously

And thank you. Support stepped up and am waiting to see if all will be well again after receiving. I consider it just plain bad luck having two failed cards on one synth. One could become paranoid and reluctant to trust in the electronics after this but I am hoping that all will be resolved for a good amount of years. My intitial reaction was "Have I been in posession of a Lemon?"

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 08:50:44 AM »
Hello,

I'm glad support solved your problem. But I'm worried because the voice cards don't look very reliable. ??? Do you use your Prophet-6 a lot ?

My Prophet-6, displays "6" (means "Prophet-6") just before the firmware version (1.5.9) too.

Regards.

6....of course, just didn't remember.

Yes I use it a great deal, but it's not powered up 24/7-7 days a week, and it's never left on when not in use as well being studio only.

As stated above, I consider this to be just plain bad luck and without having inside knowledge of the true card failure rate, I have to trust the statement of rarity of failure given by support and @Pym above.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 04:46:25 AM »
Oh dear, my Prophet is misbehaving yet again with calibtration failures on L4 and L5. Honestly I thought it was sorted this time after the second replacement card. It seems either these original cards are indeed just packing up or there is an issue with the main board causing the cards to fail. ANyway, very dissapointed and have had to contact support, yet again.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 07:54:20 AM »
shifted all cards round one slot. Cleared calibration yet again and it completes for now (did 3 times to get tuning solid) with good overall tone from cards.

now running 1.6.6.