Prophet-6 Seq Jack

Prophet-6 Seq Jack
« on: November 04, 2020, 01:48:18 PM »
Help...
I'm having trouble triggering my Prophet-6 (desktop version) through the sequencer jack with audio. I want to trigger the envelope, arpeggiator and sequencer with my Analog Rytm MKII and I just cannot get it to work!

The Analog Rytm has no gate/trig outputs but it does have a feature called 'Impulse' which is a fast attack, short release audio signal that is meant to be used for this exact purpose... and since the Seq Jack on the P-6 is supposed to work with an audio signal, this should have been a no-brainer.

Strangely, this works perfectly with the drum gate outputs on my Arturia Beatstep Pro even though they are not audio (the Beatstep Pro drum gates send V-Trig or S-Trig). But, with the exact same settings on the P-6, the signal from the Rytm seems to be 'always on'.When I hold down a note, it plays continuously, the arpeggiator does not advance, etc.

I've tried using the Rytm's dedicated Impulse signal as well as other sounds, varying the volume, varying the envelope... all to no avail. I've also tried enabling/disabling MIDI-sync with all the various settings on the P-6... which is probably irrelevant but since I've tried everything I can think of...

It's a very early unit... in the 00300s (IRCC)... if that's relevant.

I'm thinking there is perhaps a 'noise-floor' on the Rytm's signal which is continuously triggering the P-6 but that's just a hunch atm.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Charlie

Re: Prophet-6 Seq Jack
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »
Hi Charlie, did you managed to get it work? I can't find any description of the audio signal it takes.
Zoli

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 07:15:24 AM »
Just to confirm, you have chosen the appropriate mode for the Seq Jack in your bottom row globals, item 1, correct? Page 13 of the manual. Some modes require play to be on, or chords to be held, too.

"Impulse" at the right volume should work fine if you have the jack wired correctly (try a TS, not TRS, audio cable) and the mode set properly.

You can also double-check that the jack works using a footswitch in nOr mode too.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 08:16:00 AM »
Thanks! It works. I was just not brave enough with the volume.