Prophet 6 programming tips

Prophet 6 programming tips
« on: October 29, 2020, 01:50:27 AM »
Hi, I just got my Prophet 6 and am wondering where is the best place to get some programming tips for this beast ?
Thanks.

Re: Prophet 6 programming tips
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 03:23:50 PM »
Hi Flawler and congrats on the Prophet!

I have recently been viewing some videos by Synthetic World. He has a four part series on programming pads. I thought it was fantastic. It also helped me understand the polymod section more. The first video of that sequence:

Note: I absolutely hate auto preview pics like this is showing. I’m too much of a newb on this forum to know how to post a link with the preview showing. Nonetheless, it is a great series.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:27:32 PM by markwilkins »

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 02:41:57 AM »
Hi Mark,
Yes, I’ve seen those. He’s excellent and gets great sounds.  I’ve been diving into some presets and noting the settings they used to achieve the various modulations etc.  I’m getting there, slowly but surely.
Stunning synth, very different vibe to my Voyager but that’s the reason I bought it  :)

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 07:00:59 AM »
Welsh's synthesizer cookbook is very applicable. I also recommend the old Prophet 5 manual, which can be found online. It has a section breaking down the presets and gives some explanations about why they work and how to use them effectively.