Sharing P5/10 Presets -- I set up a webpage for this purpose

Shaw

Sharing P5/10 Presets -- I set up a webpage for this purpose
« on: November 01, 2020, 01:27:45 PM »
OK... I set up a page to host and categorize presets.  Easier to keep organized than pouring through pages of a thread.
Anyone who is interested, just email them to me (using the link on the page). 
I have some basic categories laid out, but others can be easily added.
Let see if anyone wants to share some presets...

http://modulatable.com/prophet-5.html
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Re: Sharing P5/10 Presets -- I set up a webpage for this purpose
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 11:31:52 PM »
Great idea!

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 11:45:34 AM »
Best preset name ever..."SampleAndHoldMyBeer" Had me laughing out loud. Thanks for the chuckles and the excellent site!

Shaw

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 01:11:07 PM »
Best preset name ever..."SampleAndHoldMyBeer" Had me laughing out loud. Thanks for the chuckles and the excellent site!
That preset was created (and named) by GS forum member S_A_P...

I chuckled too.

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 08:18:21 PM »
I've added some more presets to the collection here...   http://modulatable.com/prophet-5.html

Someone noted that the Prophet 5 is simple enough that gathering presets isn't all that necessary, and while I somewhat agree, it is still interesting to see what other people come up with.  The synth has lots of surprises tucked away in there.

LPF83

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 04:12:19 AM »
I've added some more presets to the collection here...   http://modulatable.com/prophet-5.html

Someone noted that the Prophet 5 is simple enough that gathering presets isn't all that necessary, and while I somewhat agree, it is still interesting to see what other people come up with.  The synth has lots of surprises tucked away in there.

Thank you for the web page, and I hope to see a healthy community of sounds created for the P5/10.  To me, having a variety of presets available isn't about whether it's easy it is to create new sounds from scratch, it's more about the workflow benefit.  Sometimes I do want to start from an init patch, but often I want to start out with the basic tonal characteristics of a particular sound and it's nice to pull up those basic timbral qualities in 1-2 seconds.  Of course sometimes I like to get lost in the experimentation like anyone else, but at other times intentionally avoiding that allows me to think about the bigger picture and what I want to achieve during the composition process, focusing on the goals of the track more so than details of what's coming out of the individual instruments.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 04:14:00 AM by LPF83 »
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

S_A_P

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 08:54:34 AM »
Definitely appreciate Shaw hosting this- and glad to see more submissions are rolling in. I cant promise my patches or the associated names will all be good or chuckleworthy but glad some of you got a kick out of that one.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 01:55:31 AM »
modulatable.com has expired