Vintage Knob for OB-6?

Re: Vintage Knob for OB-6?
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:51 AM »
The beta-version does not works for me, no countdown and a full buffer in Midi-ox, Ob-6 crashed on it. Fortunately I could reinstall 1.5.5, so I'll wait for the official version of 1.6.4

AlanC

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2021, 09:10:32 AM »
The synth is still out of tune in a weird way:
on the keyboard I play A, B, C, D, E, F, G, A, B
with oscillator at C0 (or C1) the OB6 plays something like
A1,A2,D,E,F,G,A,B

on C0 plays C0, on C1 plays A, on C4 plays C4

Check you haven't got an alternate tuning selected. I had this happen once after a firmware update: not sure if it was caused by the update or by me messing things up somehow, but I was convinced the OB-6 wouldn't tune properly and ended up talking to support. Part way through the conversation I suddenly realised what was happening: "Err, sorry Andy, it seems I've got an alternate tuning selected..." :-[  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:16:31 AM by AlanC »

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2021, 09:53:53 AM »
[SOLVED]
I started the process from within the bootloader (WRITE + POWER ON) and than it worked, the OB-6 showed 2 countdowns now, great job!

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2021, 02:12:26 AM »
The update worked smoothly from 1.5.5 to 1.6.4 beta on my Mac with Sysex Librarian.

The vintage knob functionality is so great :) WOW! Thanks Dave Smith!
A nice New Year present...

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2021, 05:16:47 AM »

Check you haven't got an alternate tuning selected. I had this happen once after a firmware update: not sure if it was caused by the update or by me messing things up somehow, but I was convinced the OB-6 wouldn't tune properly and ended up talking to support. Part way through the conversation I suddenly realised what was happening: "Err, sorry Andy, it seems I've got an alternate tuning selected..." :-[  ;D

Thank you for your interest.
The alternate tuning was one of the first thing I checked.

I disconnected the midi cables and audio cables, leaving only USB and Power.
Sent the new firmware (once again), and now it works just fine.

I like the new feature btw!

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2021, 05:42:57 AM »
My OB-6 Desktop running 1.5.5 failed to update about 4 or 5 times using a direct USB connection to the unit. I tried this using two different Mac computers, and also tried slowing down the transfer speed in SysEx Librarian to a low as 50%. I should say I've never had problems updating firmware on other hardware. But I think this was the first time updating firmware on this unit. The failed updates wouldn't start the countdown from 8, after finishing the countdown from 999. Finally, it was successful (on the first try) by using the boot loader option, and using an Alyseum U3-88c USB MIDI interface. Cheers~

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2021, 11:32:39 AM »
Many thanks to the team for the updates.
Playing with the ob6 tonight and p6 tomorrow.
Seems to like a very small amount of positive vco detune ...lush :P

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »
Thanks sequential for this mega feature. You are the best  8)

for me the update works without problems with
"Win XP & emagic AMT8 with C6 Sysex Tool" and again with "Win10 via USB"

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2021, 11:32:09 PM »
Apologies if this has been answered already, but does this global detune/vintage selection get saved per patch? I am assuming the answer is no considering it's a global setting. Going to be a few days until some tracks get committed to tape and I can safely play with the new beta. Excited to try it out.

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2021, 05:22:17 AM »
No it's global.

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2021, 11:42:38 AM »
I wouldn't have thought this, but I've just installed this new firmware update, and my OB6 seems to sound even better than before with that vintage knob thingy!
As a bonus, a small issue I had with the LEDs not being all of the same luminosity (with previous OS except 1.2.0) looks now like it's been fixed too!

I've had to install it using the Bootloader though (hold Write+ power on and via MIDI cable), because via USB (my usual way) didn't complete at first.

A big THANK YOU to Sequential for making this update available! You've made a believer out of me. :) 8)

P.S. that Vintage Knob would also be very cool for the REV2! 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:44:13 AM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2021, 09:40:03 PM »
Hey folks! I noticed on my OB6 desktop I have to turn on vintage mode every time I power up the unit, its state doesn’t seem to be being saved. Anyone else experience the same?

blewis

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2021, 06:58:45 PM »
Did you “reset globals” after installing the new firmware?

Hey folks! I noticed on my OB6 desktop I have to turn on vintage mode every time I power up the unit, its state doesn’t seem to be being saved. Anyone else experience the same?

Jdoo

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2021, 09:57:32 PM »
Is there a NRPN or CC that I can program to toggle between the Detune and Vintage from my controller?   NRPN  33 (detune) works great, once I am there (have toggled to Vintage from Detune).. but I'd like to program a button on my controller to get there.

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2021, 02:09:48 PM »
Great update, thank you!

« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2021, 04:39:41 PM »
I didn't see anything here about MPE...is that in a separate update??
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments

LoboLives

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2021, 10:15:32 PM »
I didn't see anything here about MPE...is that in a separate update??

No it's part of the same OS as the vintage slop.

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2021, 12:33:29 AM »
It looks like unit temperature display is no more available with PORTAMENTO+SELECT+3?
Is there a new shortcut for?

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2021, 09:41:20 AM »

Jdoo

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2021, 01:02:01 PM »
It looks like unit temperature display is no more available with PORTAMENTO+SELECT+3?
Is there a new shortcut for?

Hold the "transpose" buttons and press the "3" button.   
If you have the desktop module, to display the internal temperature, press the "hold" and "portamento" buttons and press number 3

Desktop version still working here..