Release Date and/or Pricing for DSM03

chysn

Re: Release Date and/or Pricing for DSM03
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »
Great! Still shooting for an August release?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 09:19:51 PM »
Yessir.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

chysn

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 11:14:36 AM »
A couple nights ago, I had a weird dream.

The DSM03 was released. I tried to order one, but couldn't because DSI only made twelve, and they were gone.

So, you know, make more than twelve.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2016, 04:25:04 PM »
Ha! Looks like we were only planning on making 11...

We're in production now, it took just a bit longer than anticipated due to ironing out levels and ranges. I'll see if I can get an accurate shipping date estimate during our meeting tomorrow.

I promise we'll save you one  ;D
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 06:00:49 PM »
You should give Chysn serial number twelve.  ;D

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 01:13:40 PM »
Now that production is underway, can you confirm whether the module tracks @1v/oct. and if so for how many octaves?

I've been dying to get into KS stuff. I really want to get it on some of the synthesizer-heavy tracks that I've been working on.

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »
I did already confirm that  ;)
I believe it is 1 volt per octave over an 8 octave range.

On ship date, there may be a bottleneck on one part. We're looking for alternative suppliers and there is a high likelihood of finding one. If we can't, the ship date will be the first week of October. I will check back in at the end of next week.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

chysn

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 04:49:32 PM »
Thanks for the info!

Is there anything you can tell us about the lowpass filter?

And do you know anything about pricing yet?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 10:35:43 AM »
There are a few outstanding items but I will likely know about pricing next week, lemme check if we can release further details about the design.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »
OK release date got pushed to October by the OB-6 Module, which will be released in September. I expect to have pricing info for the DSM03 tomorrow, will report back.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

chysn

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »
Aw, rats. Thanks for the update, though. Are you at liberty to say anything about the LPF?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:01:04 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 07:51:35 AM »
(The reason I go on and on about the LPF is because I have one more filter-earmarked slot in my system, and I want to make sure I don't duplicate anything. So at this point, even something like "It won't be an ARP 4072 clone!" or "It won't be a ladder filter!" would be great information.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:59:05 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

Steven Morris

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2016, 01:52:09 AM »
OK release date got pushed to October by the OB-6 Module, which will be released in September. I expect to have pricing info for the DSM03 tomorrow, will report back.

When I saw the words "OB-6 Module" I frantically went searching for information on a DSI/Oberheim eurorack module  :P

At any rate, thank you for the update. Hopefully I'll be able to incorporate it into some recordings before the end of the year.

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 05:44:35 PM »
Sorry for the radio-silence, boys. I've got some numbers now. Price is $275, estimated ship date is October 10th.

I realize it may not have been completely clear before; the DSM03 is an all-digital module.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

chysn

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »
Sorry for the radio-silence, boys. I've got some numbers now. Price is $275, estimated ship date is October 10th.

I realize it may not have been completely clear before; the DSM03 is an all-digital module.

OK, thanks! The thing would overload my 5V rail, anyway, so I've got an extra 10HP to play with, I guess.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2016, 12:17:17 AM »

Including the LPF? First DSI digitally-modeled filter in a shipping product?
(Guess we know what's coming down the pike next year!)
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

chysn

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2016, 03:35:20 AM »

I think there was some discussion that it's similar to the Evolver's tuned feedback, so I assumed it would be digital. The digital LPF is a bit of a surprise, though, and I'm interested in hearing the story about that.

Unfortunately, the DSM03 draws an absurd 200mA against the max 170mA that my μZeus provides on the +5V rail. The combined +5V draw for my 20 other modules? 0mA. It's hard to find modules that need the +5V rail anymore. The Waldorf KB37 doesn't even have a +5V rail, so anybody with that is totally screwed. At least I can buy a new power supply some day, but you've really made this unnecessarily difficult.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2016, 11:59:38 AM »
Gur at TipTop replied to me about this:

Quote from: Me
The manual for the uZeus power supply says that the limit on the +5V rail is 170mA. Is this a limitation of the uZeus module, or of the 1000mA PSU? I have upgraded to the 3000mA uZeus Boost PSU, and I want to buy a module that draws 200mA from the +5V rail. Will the uZeus with the 3000mA power supply be able to support that module? (Note: I have no other modules that use the +5V rail)

Quote from: Gur Milstein
The limit is the heat dissipated by the on board 5V regulator. With the 3000ma adapter there is better chance to reach 200ma. In any it won’t damage anything to try.

Cheers,
Gur Milstein
Tiptopaudio.com

So, it looks like I'm in on the DSM03! Worst-case scenario is having to upgrade my power supply, which I want to do at some point anyway to free up 4 HP.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »
From here:

From the description on Modular Grid (https://www.modulargrid.net/e/dave-smith-modular-dsm03-feedback), but I'm unable to find a primary source; emphasis mine:

"We took the feedback feature originally in the Evolver (also on the Pro 2, and Prophet 12), the idea is you have a tuned feedback loop that takes the audio output, runs it back through the analogue filter, and then through a delay line... so you can do Karplus-Strong synthesis with it, or you can just use if for mangling sounds" - Dave Smith

???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:35:34 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2016, 04:40:07 PM »
From here:

From the description on Modular Grid (https://www.modulargrid.net/e/dave-smith-modular-dsm03-feedback), but I'm unable to find a primary source; emphasis mine:

"We took the feedback feature originally in the Evolver (also on the Pro 2, and Prophet 12), the idea is you have a tuned feedback loop that takes the audio output, runs it back through the analogue filter, and then through a delay line... so you can do Karplus-Strong synthesis with it, or you can just use if for mangling sounds" - Dave Smith

???

That quote was from the Sonic State interview with Dave at Superbooth 2016. In the video interview, Dave is talking about tuned feedback in general, and how it was already implemented in the Evolvers, the P12 and the Pro 2, all of which have analog filters. No need to sound any alarms  :)

Here's the link to the video from which the quote on Modular Grid was taken: https://youtu.be/zjy_6lH3IxQ
SEQUENTIAL