Feature requests: Different MIDI channels for tx/rx, partial local mode?

Hi,

I'd love to be able to use my OB-6 as a MIDI master keyboard.

To do this I'd love to see two features:
  • Ability to configure separate tx and rx MIDI channels. Because the OB-6 always receives on the same channel it sends on, the MIDI echo in the rig doesn't work.
  • A partial local mode where the keyboard sends MIDI instead of playing locally, but the front panel still configures the local synth.

This would let me use the OB-6 to play any synth in the rig via MIDI echo by just changing the tx channel, including the OB-6 itself.

Hope that made sense! Thanks for reading :-)
OB-6 | Roland JV-2080 | Yamaha DX7s | Roland R-8 | Alesis MMT-8

kris

Re: Feature requests: Different MIDI channels for tx/rx, partial local mode?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »
A partial local mode where the keyboard sends MIDI instead of playing locally, but the front panel still configures the local synth.

This would let me use the OB-6 to play any synth in the rig via MIDI echo by just changing the tx channel, including the OB-6 itself.
Totally support that! The current local off mode is pretty useless, IMHO! And we'd need to get the sysex bugs fixed!
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 12:23:36 AM »
bump

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 07:29:53 AM »
Been asking for the partial Local Off mode for years (Local Control "Key/Wheels Off" setting like the Pro3 has).

Sequential: please add it to the firmware guys!