The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Feature requests: Different MIDI channels for tx/rx, partial local mode?

Hi,

I'd love to be able to use my OB-6 as a MIDI master keyboard.

To do this I'd love to see two features:
  • Ability to configure separate tx and rx MIDI channels. Because the OB-6 always receives on the same channel it sends on, the MIDI echo in the rig doesn't work.
  • A partial local mode where the keyboard sends MIDI instead of playing locally, but the front panel still configures the local synth.

This would let me use the OB-6 to play any synth in the rig via MIDI echo by just changing the tx channel, including the OB-6 itself.

Hope that made sense! Thanks for reading :-)
OB-6 | Roland JV-2080 | Yamaha DX7s | Roland R-8 | Alesis MMT-8

kris

Re: Feature requests: Different MIDI channels for tx/rx, partial local mode?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »
A partial local mode where the keyboard sends MIDI instead of playing locally, but the front panel still configures the local synth.

This would let me use the OB-6 to play any synth in the rig via MIDI echo by just changing the tx channel, including the OB-6 itself.
Totally support that! The current local off mode is pretty useless, IMHO! And we'd need to get the sysex bugs fixed!
Check out the free Rev2 and OB-6 and Sysex Librarian https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm
DSI Prophet Rev 2 (16) - DSI OB-6 - Korg DW 8000 - Oberheim Matrix 1000 - Kawai K3M - Access Virus B - Roland MKS 80 - Behringer Model D