OB-6 Sequencer Notes->MIDI Out?

OB-6 Sequencer Notes->MIDI Out?
« on: April 24, 2016, 08:10:21 AM »
There are so many things that I love about the OB-6 and I am very happy with it so far.   However, I would love to be able to optionally have the OB-6's sequencer drive my other synths via MIDI.  I tried but I could not make this work.  Sequencer note data does not appear to be transmitted.  Is there a way?  If not, can I ask for this enhancement in a forthcoming firmware update?  ;D   Thanks in advance!
UPDATE: Since lotsa folks have looked at this post but none have yet responded, I am now wondering if my questions is naive?  This is my first $$$ synth with a built-in sequencer (MicroBrute doesn't count) so I could easily be clueless about this.  I welcome comments! 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:09:57 PM by krmdgn »

Re: OB-6 Sequencer Notes->MIDI Out?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:17:38 AM »
I have not found a way yet.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 12:41:16 AM »
There are so many things that I love about the OB-6 and I am very happy with it so far.   However, I would love to be able to optionally have the OB-6's sequencer drive my other synths via MIDI.  I tried but I could not make this work.  Sequencer note data does not appear to be transmitted.  Is there a way?  If not, can I ask for this enhancement in a forthcoming firmware update?  ;D   Thanks in advance!
UPDATE: Since lotsa folks have looked at this post but none have yet responded, I am now wondering if my questions is naive?  This is my first $$$ synth with a built-in sequencer (MicroBrute doesn't count) so I could easily be clueless about this.  I welcome comments!

Hello.
I don't think that MIDI output from the OB-6 sequencer is implemented (yet...?). Your best bet at present is probably through the OB-6 editor software (sold separately) where you can read the notes (with velocities) recorded in a patch's sequencer. No file save or other output from this software as far as I know so you'll might have to write down the sequence by hand. (Not very 2016.... :)

We could hope for (and ask for) an update in the OB-6's MIDI implementation though.

Espen Beranek

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 07:53:28 AM »
+1 I'd also love to have the sequencer midi notes from the midi output optionally :)

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 05:46:22 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm new here. But I used to be on the Prophet5 forum. I'm all for the option to send sequencer and arpeggio thru midi out on the OB-6 and Prophet 6. I also would like to see an overdub function in the sequencer. It's a wonderful tool that the old Roland JX-3P has, for adding bass lines, or creating complex chords. 

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 12:51:21 PM »
Has anyone found an answer to this? Its quite strange that the OB-6's sequencer does not send out midi.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 10:57:50 AM »
Was this made possible in any of the firmware updates?

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 11:18:14 AM »
You have to change the setting for the global parameter “Param Xmit” accordingly.

To enable MIDI Out for the Arp and Sequencer select one of the following Param Xmit options:
CAS (CC + MIDI Out for arp/seq)
nAS (NRPN + MIDI Out for arp/seq)

You need to have Main OS 1.3.7 or higher installed.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 03:53:11 PM »
That worked, thx man

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 10:36:23 PM »
You have to change the setting for the global parameter “Param Xmit” accordingly.

To enable MIDI Out for the Arp and Sequencer select one of the following Param Xmit options:
CAS (CC + MIDI Out for arp/seq)
nAS (NRPN + MIDI Out for arp/seq)

You need to have Main OS 1.3.7 or higher installed.

Thanks! That does the trick. They should really update the manual; the current version (1.1, dated Feb 2019) still has the old information (says the options are OFF, CC, nr).