I've started doing Poly Evolver tutorials

I've started doing Poly Evolver tutorials
« on: October 22, 2020, 09:42:53 PM »
They're nothing groundbreaking yet, but I wanted to provide some videos of myself using the machine so that people can learn this beast along with me. I'm basically just taking sounds I hear in songs and replicating them on the Poly Evolver. I film myself recreating the patch once I've got it figured out and sounding good, and then post on Youtube. So far, recreating sounds heard elsewhere, as well as watching tutorials done with other synths, it's been a fantastic way to learn the PEK and synthesis in general.

Anyways, hope they're helpful. If you have a sound you want to hear on it, let me know and I'll try to recreate it and make a video on it. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/Vz420x9HjqE

LoboLives

Re: I've started doing Poly Evolver tutorials
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 12:26:24 AM »
Thank you for this. Please consider the following requests.
-Vector synthesis type sounds blending between some digital wavetables and VCO oscillators with an LFO.
-FM  type tones.
-Wavetable electric piano
-Wavetable Choir.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 11:45:12 PM »
-Vector synthesis type sounds blending between some digital wavetables and VCO oscillators with an LFO.
-FM  type tones.
-Wavetable Choir.

Of course! They're fun to do and sort of cementing the process in my brain which is nice.

The last three there I think I can figure out but it may take a bit of thinking to figure out how to do vector synthesis on the PEK since it doesn't have an XY joystick. I'm also sort of new to the technique, but I'll give it a shot!

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »
-FM  type tones.
-Wavetable Choir.

Of course! They're fun to do and sort of cementing the process in my brain which is nice.

The last three there I think I can figure out but it may take a bit of thinking to figure out how to do vector synthesis on the PEK since it doesn't have an XY joystick. I'm also sort of new to the technique, but I'll give it a shot!

You can do this with an LFO as well. Simply just have multiple LFOs affect the mix or volume of esch oscillator at different rates. This will essentially give the same effect of different waves cross fading between one another.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 09:25:53 PM »
You can do this with an LFO as well. Simply just have multiple LFOs affect the mix or volume of esch oscillator at different rates. This will essentially give the same effect of different waves cross fading between one another.

I think I can manage that! 4 evolving LFOs would make for some awesome movement.

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 09:26:38 PM »

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »
A deep house/future bass style chord patch:

https://youtu.be/Up1mp7BKqJg

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 06:51:16 PM »
A simple clap. Should be getting into more of the advanced stuff in the next few videos:

https://youtu.be/J5RaQC-mWAg