Is there a way...?

korfu

Is there a way...?
« on: October 17, 2020, 12:23:53 PM »
I am hoping there is a way for the arp to follow an incoming midi clock that doesn’t require exact key presses. I can clock an arp no problem from the start, but as soon as I use the keyboard to transpose I need to be extremely accurate or it falls out of sync (though at the same tempo, of course). Is there a way to ensure the arp snaps to a note?

rb415

Re: Is there a way...?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 02:25:01 PM »
That sounds like something that could be affected by Global parameter 16, Arp Beat Sync. I have actually not tested both options here with an incoming MIDI clock, but 'Quantize' does do what I think you want when using the internal clock.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 03:45:48 PM »
That sounds like something that could be affected by Global parameter 16, Arp Beat Sync. I have actually not tested both options here with an incoming MIDI clock, but 'Quantize' does do what I think you want when using the internal clock.
Yup, Quantize locks it to the next beat.

Off is fun for doing things like having an arp on the upbeat.

korfu

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »
Thanks! I figured I just didn’t have my globals set correctly. I’ll give it a shot.

korfu

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 08:18:30 AM »
So my patch was set to Global 16 off, but now that I have it on Quantize there is still no sync happening. Are there any other parameters I need to have in play?

<Edit>

Sorry, what I meant to say is that the SEQUENCE does not sync to incoming clock when you start transposing via keyboard. Is this not possible on the Pro-3?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 08:23:42 AM by korfu »

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 09:23:46 AM »
So my patch was set to Global 16 off, but now that I have it on Quantize there is still no sync happening. Are there any other parameters I need to have in play?

<Edit>

Sorry, what I meant to say is that the SEQUENCE does not sync to incoming clock when you start transposing via keyboard. Is this not possible on the Pro-3?
Are you sure it’s getting the MIDI clock? Check MIDI clock mode, channel, and clock cable in settings.

korfu

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 11:49:22 AM »

<Edit>

Are you sure it’s getting the MIDI clock? Check MIDI clock mode, channel, and clock cable in settings.
Thanks for the reply! Yes, it’s def getting clock. When the sequence starts it is totally lock step and if I don’t transpose it stays that way. It’s only when I transpose via keyboard that it can fall off if I’m not on beat. I’ve filed a ticket to see if support can help out.