Leaving the P6 on while hold function is triggered

Leaving the P6 on while hold function is triggered
« on: October 16, 2020, 01:54:31 AM »
Since last week I'm a proud owner of a Prophet 6. A few days ago I recorded some stuff. The last thing I did was playing chord and used the hold function. I recorded what I wanted and then turned the volume down. After that I totally forgot about it and I needed to leave in a hurry after that.

Long story short, I left the P6 on for about 24 hours while it was holding the same chord. When I found out, I turned everything off. This morning I turned it on and the P6 was completely out of tune. After calibration, everything seems to be fine again.

Still I can't stop wondering if have, or could have, damage the synth somehow by leaving it on like this, especially while it has continuously playing notes for a long period without a break.

LPF83

Re: Leaving the P6 on while hold function is triggered
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 03:37:59 PM »
Since last week I'm a proud owner of a Prophet 6. A few days ago I recorded some stuff. The last thing I did was playing chord and used the hold function. I recorded what I wanted and then turned the volume down. After that I totally forgot about it and I needed to leave in a hurry after that.

Long story short, I left the P6 on for about 24 hours while it was holding the same chord. When I found out, I turned everything off. This morning I turned it on and the P6 was completely out of tune. After calibration, everything seems to be fine again.

Still I can't stop wondering if have, or could have, damage the synth somehow by leaving it on like this, especially while it has continuously playing notes for a long period without a break.

Unlikely it would damage it, the only potential source of damage would be from accumulated heat, and I haven't really noticed that any of my Sequential gear gets noticeably hotter when it is playing than when idle (although I'm sure it heats up a little).  So if you're keeping room temp around 70F and humidity under 60%, I wouldn't sweat it...  Gratuitious pun included.

What you don't want to do is go cheap on A/C if you live in a humid climate, don't store things in damp basements or attics...  be wary of dust and cover your synths if you see regular dust accumulation on the surface. 

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: Leaving the P6 on while hold function is triggered
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 06:55:31 AM »
Thanks for your extensive answer! I haven't noticed anything weird going on with the Prophet since then, so i guess all is good!