Response of the filter cutoff knob on P5

Response of the filter cutoff knob on P5
« on: October 15, 2020, 09:07:31 AM »
I have a question about the behavior of the filter cutoff knob on the new Prophet 5. Is this quantized to semitones as it is on the Prophet 6, or is it a continuous response?
(I realize that the knobs are digitally scanned, so of course there will be some quantization due to limited resolution. This is not what I mean.)

How did the earlier revisions of the P5 behave? Is there a difference between the rev.4 and the earlier rev.1/2/3 in this regard?
Prophet-6 № 01397 | Prophet-10 № 0174

Re: Response of the filter cutoff knob on P5
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 06:11:39 PM »
I have a question about the behavior of the filter cutoff knob on the new Prophet 5. Is this quantized to semitones as it is on the Prophet 6, or is it a continuous response?
(I realize that the knobs are digitally scanned, so of course there will be some quantization due to limited resolution. This is not what I mean.)

How did the earlier revisions of the P5 behave? Is there a difference between the rev.4 and the earlier rev.1/2/3 in this regard?

I was often curious about the quantisation of the cutoff on the P6. It seemed to come in only when the filter is close to seld-oscillation and I'm guessing that once self oscillation occurred the CVs were somehow fed back to tune the filter self oscillation much the same way as the VCOs but I may be wrong. With the new P5, it will really need to respond more like an old P5, surely?
Prophet-6 nut. Formerly, just a Prophet-5 nut.