Bug with transport and program change MIDI with external clock?

Bug with transport and program change MIDI with external clock?
« on: October 10, 2020, 11:43:33 AM »
I have an external sequencer which I'm using as the main clock source, the Pro 3 is receiving clock. When I start the external sequencer, with it sending transport too, the pro 3 doesn't always respond. It receives clock but the start/stop doesn't seem to reliably work.

With transport off from the external sequencer, I have to hit the play button on the Pro 3's sequencer so that it starts when the clock is sent to it, but then if I send a program change message it just stops playback on the Pro 3's sequencer after the new program is selected.

One of the main reasons I got the Pro 3 was for it's sequencer, but it seems sort of buggy via external MIDI.

Re: Bug with transport and program change MIDI with external clock?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 03:28:29 PM »
I have an external sequencer which I'm using as the main clock source, the Pro 3 is receiving clock. When I start the external sequencer, with it sending transport too, the pro 3 doesn't always respond. It receives clock but the start/stop doesn't seem to reliably work.

With transport off from the external sequencer, I have to hit the play button on the Pro 3's sequencer so that it starts when the clock is sent to it, but then if I send a program change message it just stops playback on the Pro 3's sequencer after the new program is selected.

One of the main reasons I got the Pro 3 was for it's sequencer, but it seems sort of buggy via external MIDI.

Be grateful that you are not stuck with a Matrixbrute.  I had one for 2 years and they never did fix it.  My money's on the fact they have abandoned it.
Pro 3 is aural and technical heaven.  SO pleased with it.