PRO3 won't start

PRO3 won't start
« on: October 04, 2020, 09:52:10 AM »
I sent in a help ticket, but wanted to now if anyone else has seen this.

I turned on my PRO3, and I hear the usual start up chatter, and then only the pitch wheel and mod wheel lights are on.
No other lights, screen blank, no sound... (attached a photo)

I just used it last night, so I'm really mystified.

The only difference I can think of is that it's about 5 degrees colder in my home studio this morning.

Edit: I was able to get it working again, and sharing this in case it helps anyone in the future. First I noted that the Pro3  was sending midi to my Mac. I decided to wiggle each knob and found that the octave knob for OSC2 was somehow between "clicks". Once I touched it the whole synth woke up and is fine. Whew! 

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:12:08 AM by Gino.Cortesi »

rb415

Re: PRO3 won't start
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 12:29:03 PM »
Thanks a lot for the update - stuff like that is absolutely golden info. I can just imagine it happening 30 minutes before a gig, and that feeling of complete dread. But if you have the solution stashed in the back of your mind... :)

childofcorn

• corn
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 11:32:51 AM »
OMFG THIS SAVED ME. I thought it was donzo. wow. Thank you so much.

What a weird bug.

xoxo

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 06:35:04 PM »
Now, i had the same problem  (it was the OSC1 Octave knob) on a nearly new synth.... thought it was bricked.
did it happen again? maybe its time for a ticket...

I turned on my PRO3, and I hear the usual start up chatter, and then only the pitch wheel and mod wheel lights are on.

The only difference I can think of is that it's about 5 degrees colder in my home studio this morning.

Edit: I was able to get it working again, and sharing this in case it helps anyone in the future. First I noted that the Pro3  was sending midi to my Mac. I decided to wiggle each knob and found that the octave knob for OSC2 was somehow between "clicks". Once I touched it the whole synth woke up and is fine. Whew!

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 12:35:11 PM »

had the same problem. and your solution helped. thx very much. you saved my life :-)
Yamaha MO8, Seq Pro3, Seq Rev2/16, Model: Cycles, Moog DFAM, Modular, Akai MPC One, Pearl Mimic Pro, Midas M32R