Polybrute Layer Morph in the PX?

Polybrute Layer Morph in the PX?
« on: September 22, 2020, 11:42:32 AM »
Is there any way the parameter morph between layer A and B which is found in the new polybrute could be aquired in a future update for the PX?

Looooongest shot EVER!

LoboLives

Re: Polybrute Layer Morph in the PX?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 01:31:27 PM »
Apply the AMP Env to be modulated by the touch sliders on each layer. One in a positive manner and the other a negative...you will get a similar effect.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 01:12:16 AM »
Wouldnt that only be a volume crossfade? I guess you could set up parameters in the modmatrix to mirror the kind of effect used in the polybrute. Just not as hands on.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
Is there any way the parameter morph between layer A and B which is found in the new polybrute could be aquired in a future update for the PX?

Looooongest shot EVER!
I would love Parameter morphing! But I would prefer it for each layer! Morphin between two Presets Parameter sets as long as they use the same modulation setup and sample sets would be very nice and I guess not to hard to implement in the firmware. I would also love to see a kind of “multi mode” where each of the 8 Stereo Voices have a different set of Parameters and key range ( For Drums, like on the Studio 440 or Tempest but in full stereo!) Buy the way.. Cross fading between layers is a different thing and is already very easy to program on the PX buy using one parameter in opposite ways for the two layers. But modulating all parameters at once with a “morph or master controller” or by switching a set of 8 by key or MIDI Channel (like on the Studio 440 or Prophet 2000) would  be very very usefull!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:20:54 PM by Anscorm »

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 06:53:23 PM »
A dominant part of the character in Prophet X sounds comes from the selected Instrument, and there's no trivial way to "morph" between two samples - other than crossfading.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 05:25:30 AM »
Yeah, morphing between two samples OTHER than crossfading..... I dont even know how to understand how that could be done with the PX update wise. But im sure if sequential would take on the challenge they could do it somehow. And im not saying they should. I think their efforts would be put to more use elsewhere. They are the experts after all 😊

LoboLives

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 11:25:40 AM »
Yeah, morphing between two samples OTHER than crossfading..... I dont even know how to understand how that could be done with the PX update wise. But im sure if sequential would take on the challenge they could do it somehow. And im not saying they should. I think their efforts would be put to more use elsewhere. They are the experts after all 😊

I mean there really is no way to morph between static samples other than crossfading.

Pym

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 11:27:27 AM »
We discussed this during the design process, we don't have enough CPU to do it cleanly and I don't want to just try and shoehorn it in there without it being done right

I was able to do it close to right on the Pro3, can't do it on the PX
Sequential