Is there a way to turn off aftertouch Prophet Rev 2

Is there a way to turn off aftertouch Prophet Rev 2
« on: September 19, 2020, 09:25:18 AM »
Hello,

is there a way to turn off the aftertouch modulation?

Thanks

LPF83

Re: Is there a way to turn off aftertouch Prophet Rev 2
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 09:41:28 AM »
Hello,

Thanks

Yes, just go into mod matrix and adjust "Pressure" amount to 0.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 10:00:49 AM »
Hello,

Thanks

Thanks! It's a shame I have to change the pressure to 0 on each sound and write :(

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »
Hello,

Thanks

Thanks! It's a shame I have to change the pressure to 0 on each sound and write :(

I miss the immediacy of the P6 and OB6 when I'm working with the Rev2, as both of those synths have direct controls for this (dedicated knob for amount).  If there's a way to turn it off globally on the Rev2, I'm not aware of it ; but then again, I usually just don't apply pressure to the keys unless I want the extra expressiveness.  If I ever do it by accident it's easy to edit in the DAW, or just set per-patch.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 04:09:47 PM »
Also, it just occurred to me you might try experimenting with Curve 1-4 in the globals.  Mine is set to curve 1, which has always felt perfect for my own playing style... so much so that I commented about the lovely aftertouch on this board when I got it.  But if you have it set on a different setting, or have different preferences, you may be getting result.  Most people I know are in favor of keeping after touch on because it's only there if you opt-in (usually)... but if your curve is too sensitive it might be there even if you don't opt-in.