Rev2 Desktop Module no Transpose

Rev2 Desktop Module no Transpose
« on: September 17, 2020, 05:57:46 PM »
I am failing to loacate Transpose on this thing.  There are no physical buttons for it and I  can't find anything in the Global menu or the misc. Parameter menu. 

It says software1.1.5.9

It would be nice tobhave one for each osc.

And dose Sub Octave always need to be connected to Osc1?
16 voice prophet rev2, chroma polaris, minibrute, bass & guitars

panic

Re: Rev2 Desktop Module no Transpose
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 12:39:35 AM »
transpose is typically a function for a keyboard, usually not present in a desktop synth. If you want to transpose, you probably can do so using your controller keyboard. but it looks like you just want to change the pitch of osc 1 and osc 2 individually? just use the osc 1 and osc 2 frequency knobs. And yes, the sub is always connected to osc 1.

I advice you to read the manual, since you are asking very basic things, I think you will benifit from learning more about this synth...

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 06:49:31 AM »
transpose is typically a function for a keyboard, usually not present in a desktop synth. If you want to transpose, you probably can do so using your controller keyboard. but it looks like you just want to change the pitch of osc 1 and osc 2 individually? just use the osc 1 and osc 2 frequency knobs. And yes, the sub is always connected to osc 1.

I advice you to read the manual, since you are asking very basic things, I think you will benifit from learning more about this synth...

Sometimes I wish my Sequential synths had a simple octave up /down per VCO like my Minilogue XD desktop module.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 07:12:02 AM »
I'm a hard sync user and my keyboard midi controller doesnt have these buttons.

I did read the manual.  It doesn' explicitly say the desktop module can not do this.

So this is a midi function...
Im thinkng of getting an 88 key midi controller, but until then.
16 voice prophet rev2, chroma polaris, minibrute, bass & guitars