Artuira Polybrute?

LoboLives

Artuira Polybrute?
« on: September 12, 2020, 12:50:37 AM »
Came across this....could be fake....but who knows

"Arturia PolyBrute; 6-note polyphonic analog morph synthesizer; 61-key keyboard with velocity-sensitive touch; 2 brute waveshaping oscillators per voice; dual filter design: Steiner Multimode and Dr. Bob Moog's 24db Ladder; Master Filter control and Filter FM; 3 LFOs and 3 envelope generators; Matrix interface for modulation, sequencer and preset control; 64 matrix points for patching in modular style; 2 states per preset seamlessly crossfadeable with morph control Keyboard with split and layer function as well as poly, mono and unison mode; 3-axis morph controller; assignable ribbon controller; pitch and multi-function mod wheel; 64-step sequencer with motion recorder and automation; multi-mode arpeggiator; digital stereo effects reverb, chorus and delay; display; memory protection switch; connectors 2x line output 6. 3 mm jack unbalanced, MIDI in- and output as well as MIDI-Thru, USB MIDI, Sync in- and output 3.5 mm mini jack, 2x Expression Pedal- and 1x Sustain Pedal input 6.3 mm jack; incl. PolyBrute Connect Software (PCMac) for library management; optional Wooden Legs mountable (not included); dimensions: 975 x 130 x 378 mm (WxHxD); weight: 20 kg"

Re: Artuira Polybrute?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »
I found this forum post discussing the possibility of its existence.  It seems that it may be in early prototype stages. 

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/new-arturia-synths/126036

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 02:59:15 PM »
If it’s real, I’ll try one out for sure. I really love the concept and the look. I do believe the voice count should be at least 8 or 10 if it’s going to be bi timbral though
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 03:05:51 PM by LoboLives »

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 08:20:23 AM »
I really hope this is real. I always imagined they’d eventually do a poly. I’m sure it’ll do well.

LoboLives

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 09:34:43 AM »

jg666

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 09:56:46 AM »
Excellent :)

Also noticed that Loopop has a full review-

https://youtu.be/PLpx4YKF3gk
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 11:17:57 AM »

jg666

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 11:26:10 AM »
Just listened to the full review by loopop via headphones, I do like the sound of this synth :) My only problem is that I need an extension on my house to keep my synth addiction going. I don’t have the space to have them all in the one room currently so I must resist buying any more :(

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 11:28:29 AM »
Even though it has only 6 voices, it sounds lovely. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on1gP5J0_NA

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
I just checked my local(ish) music store.  It is the same price as the Summit.  This will be a tough decision.  May still go with the Summit as it has more voices, but who knows.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 11:53:21 AM »
Very interesting.  $2499 for six analog VCO voices, dual filters with serial and parallel routing, extremely deep modulation, extensive performance controls, plus a ton of other unique features, and options under the hood. 

I do hope they offer a six voice expander or rack/desk module to polychain to 12 voices in future, but other than that, this looks like its going to be a very cool synth.   

Really interested to see the direction Seq goes with next Flagship Analog Poly Synth.   Moog has set the upper bounds with the One... but overpriced by about 30-35%, IMO.   The Korg Prologue is at the lower bounds, but to me it barely qualifies as a flagship, as it has limited modulation capabilities and options.   This PolyBrute is very interesting in the middle ground - definitely in the "flagship" category with extensive features, deep dive options and modulation.   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 11:53:57 AM »
I've watched Doty's vid and Arturia's - I appreciate that both videos aren't trying to show off a thousand tricks and tones. Very simple, very satisfying.

I've never had an issue with voice count, either. I learned to play with 5 notes on a P5, and take each synth for what it is.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »
$2,500 at Sweetwater.  That seems like a reasonable price for such an instrument.

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 12:53:23 PM »
$2,500 at Sweetwater.  That seems like a reasonable price for such an instrument.

exactly.  I was expecting it to be closer to $3000

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 01:08:12 PM »
I've watched Doty's vid and Arturia's - I appreciate that both videos aren't trying to show off a thousand tricks and tones. Very simple, very satisfying.

I've never had an issue with voice count, either. I learned to play with 5 notes on a P5, and take each synth for what it is.

Yeah, six voices will certainly be capable for synth stabs and other basic chord play with a root in bass, but it's limiting if doing pads, strings, and other longer release sounds... also, considering this synth has a "stack/layer" mode, you're getting just 3 stacked voices.   

I guess I'm just so used to 12-16 voice range now in flagship synths.   

It's not a deal breaker for me though.  I do love my 4-voice PEK, though it also has limited polyphonic uses - I actually end up using the PEK as a lead/melody synth more than anything.

Sound Sets:
Free Patches:

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 01:11:53 PM »

Very reasonable considering the specs and extensive controls and feature set...  Also, the MAP for MxB is $1999... this is only $500 more for a helluva a lot more synth.   

I think I will be bidding farewell to my MxB to make room for this.

Sound Sets:
Free Patches:

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2020, 01:20:04 PM »

Very reasonable considering the specs and extensive controls and feature set...  Also, the MAP for MxB is $1999... this is only $500 more for a helluva a lot more synth.   

I think I will be bidding farewell to my MxB to make room for this.

In my neck of the woods, the MxB is 3149 where as the PolyBrute is listed at 3399.  Only $250 difference in price.  Makes you wonder if it's even worth buying the MxB anymore. 

I am wondering if the prices for the Matrix Brute will consequently drop up here after the PolyBrute is available in November.

LoboLives

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2020, 02:52:44 PM »

Yeah, six voices will certainly be capable for synth stabs and other basic chord play with a root in bass, but it's limiting if doing pads, strings, and other longer release sounds... also, considering this synth has a "stack/layer" mode, you're getting just 3 stacked voices.   

I guess I'm just so used to 12-16 voice range now in flagship synths.   

It's not a deal breaker for me though.  I do love my 4-voice PEK, though it also has limited polyphonic uses - I actually end up using the PEK as a lead/melody synth more than anything.

I was speaking to Marc Doty earlier about it. He said that it’s not actually bi timbral. It’s a weird configuration where the parameters of the synth actually change between the patches rather than having two separate engines. He said he never noticed any issues with polyphony. He said with the morphing and the effects you nevertheless notice any note stealing.

To be honest I think 12 to 16 voices on a synth like this would sound awful given the characteristics of the Brute style sound. It would just sound like distorted mud. I think why Sequential synths work well as poly synths is because the oscillators themselves have a bit of a thin sounding character to them but when played against each other it has a pleasing sound....similar to Orchestral brass or strings. The problem with having oscillators that sound massive with a single note is it starts to become too cacophonous. Like a bottleneck effect. I’d you think of brass sections...if you have a total of six French horns it produces a powerful sound but it’s still distinguishable...you can hear each note...now say you have 100 French horns or 200..the natural phasing starts to become overpowering and it starts to become indistinguishable. Too much of a good thing.

LoboLives

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2020, 02:58:26 PM »
Not sure why, it’s nothing like either but for some reason it reminds me of the Elka Synthex or Rhodes Chroma. Not sure why.