Artuira Polybrute?

LoboLives

Re: Artuira Polybrute?
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2020, 10:15:28 PM »
Would have been nice even if they just had a teaser by now.

They don't do that any longer.  There used to be a bit of sport near announcement time, a little bit of fun to wind us up, but no longer.

Shame. It really got me excited for the PX just by seeing the teaser.

jg666

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2020, 02:07:22 AM »
Sequential please announce your next product already!!!!  We’re all hungry!

I'd say watch their Facebook account.  That seems to be the place they first announce new instruments these days.

In that case I'm going to have to rely on someone seeing it on there and posting in this thread. I sometimes think I'm the only person in the World who doesn't do facebook and has no interest in doing so  ;D

You're not :) But we may still be few...

Glad there's someone else as well as me :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

jok3r

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2020, 03:14:47 AM »

I'd say watch their Facebook account.  That seems to be the place they first announce new instruments these days.

In that case I'm going to have to rely on someone seeing it on there and posting in this thread. I sometimes think I'm the only person in the World who doesn't do facebook and has no interest in doing so  ;D

I think we are more that you would believe...  ;) I deleted my account years ago... by now I know my life has much more quality without social media.

And I simply like thread-based forums more than social media streams...
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

jg666

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2020, 03:23:25 AM »

I think we are more that you would believe...  ;) I deleted my account years ago... by now I know my life has much more quality without social media.

And I simply like thread-based forums more than social media streams...

:) I do like thread based forums, I visit many daily.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2020, 11:14:42 AM »
We absolutely dread social media...if it wasn’t for having to use the platforms for our band we would be far away from it...who gives a turd about what you’re eating for lunch!
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2020, 02:39:44 PM »
Ditto x 10.  I despise social media and have no accounts whatsoever.  The only time I look at it is when I'm waiting for Sequential to announce a new instrument.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:49:42 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

LPF83

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2020, 03:02:03 PM »
I don't have social media accounts and never will, but you can check the Sequential Twitter feed without a login.  Most product vendors will post real news to their Twitter feed as soon as its available.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2020, 02:19:17 AM »
What I find interesting is that it will cost less than a MatrixBrute.

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2020, 01:01:38 PM »

Give it a bit more time.  my local-ish (it's a 6 hour drive away) music store has recently dropped the price of the Matrixbrute by $500

LoboLives

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2020, 05:15:47 PM »

Give it a bit more time.  my local-ish (it's a 6 hour drive away) music store has recently dropped the price of the Matrixbrute by $500

Same for stores in Toronto.

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 10:41:35 AM »
Lobo Lives,  what you are saying about the sound makes perfect sense.   Maybe they  could add a couple more voices but then they would need an option of a thinning switch for those oscillators ;D   
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

LPF83

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2020, 02:49:44 PM »
Lobo Lives,  what you are saying about the sound makes perfect sense.   Maybe they  could add a couple more voices but then they would need an option of a thinning switch for those oscillators ;D

Sometimes I think 6 voices is the sweet spot on an analog poly.  I've toyed with the option of adding a P6 desktop to my keyboard for the option of having 12 voices total, but I'm not sure how much I would use it poly chained in an actual track, as much as a second synth.

For those into vintage, the 6 voice limit is actually what gives a lot of 80's music it's signature sound, as that was a common configuration back then.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

LoboLives

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2020, 05:09:17 PM »

Sometimes I think 6 voices is the sweet spot on an analog poly.  I've toyed with the option of adding a P6 desktop to my keyboard for the option of having 12 voices total, but I'm not sure how much I would use it poly chained in an actual track, as much as a second synth.

For those into vintage, the 6 voice limit is actually what gives a lot of 80's music it's signature sound, as that was a common configuration back then.

For me Polyphony is the difference between a great sound and just a sound. For me stacking 16 voices in Unison and defunding them isn’t a good sound. It’s a loud sound and it’s powerful...but try fitting it in a mix. It’s like wattages and amps....even when I was in a Death Metal band for some reason a little 30 watt amp cranked sounded way better than my 100 watt stack.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:24:55 PM by LoboLives »

jok3r

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »
After thinking about it for a couple of days, I preordered one today... estimated delivery in 8-10 weeks.

I like the sound in all videos, and it seems to have everything that kept me from buying a Prophet 6 for five years now (5 octave keybed, more lfos, more envelopes, etc. ...)

I hope it can even throw my Rev2 out of my live setup... I love my Rev2 but I need to use my Strymon effect pedals for a lot of things, because only one effect at a time is sometimes not enough. The integrated effects would save me some trouble with cables and I think 6 voices are enough. That does not mean, that I will sell my Rev2 and effect pedals... but they will stay safe in my home studio.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2020, 08:45:03 PM »
I can understand that one.  As much as I really want/prefer a 16 voice, especially for what I want to do, there is just something about the Polybrute.  It threw quite the wrench in my decision making process.

LPF83

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2020, 05:41:00 AM »
After thinking about it for a couple of days, I preordered one today... estimated delivery in 8-10 weeks.

I like the sound in all videos, and it seems to have everything that kept me from buying a Prophet 6 for five years now (5 octave keybed, more lfos, more envelopes, etc. ...)

I hope it can even throw my Rev2 out of my live setup... I love my Rev2 but I need to use my Strymon effect pedals for a lot of things, because only one effect at a time is sometimes not enough. The integrated effects would save me some trouble with cables and I think 6 voices are enough. That does not mean, that I will sell my Rev2 and effect pedals... but they will stay safe in my home studio.

Congrats on the upcoming Polybrute, and I feel the same way about only one Rev2 effect... exactly why I put a Strymon BigSky on mine...   But even having two built-in FX on both the P6 and OB-6 do not match the overall depth and color the BigSky adds (even though it's technically only a reverb, the actual impact on timbre is much more than reverb).   In fact I would say that even the three simultaneous FX on the Korg Minilogue (which can sound massive with delay+modulation+reverb all fully utilized) might not always sound as big as the Strymon pedal sounds with a raw init patch run through it.  I get what you're saying about less cabling and gear to transport when playing live though.

jok3r

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2020, 11:07:47 AM »

Congrats on the upcoming Polybrute, and I feel the same way about only one Rev2 effect... exactly why I put a Strymon BigSky on mine...   But even having two built-in FX on both the P6 and OB-6 do not match the overall depth and color the BigSky adds (even though it's technically only a reverb, the actual impact on timbre is much more than reverb).   In fact I would say that even the three simultaneous FX on the Korg Minilogue (which can sound massive with delay+modulation+reverb all fully utilized) might not always sound as big as the Strymon pedal sounds with a raw init patch run through it.  I get what you're saying about less cabling and gear to transport when playing live though.

My effects are Strymon, too. I use Rev2 -> Mobius -> Timeline -> BigSky most of the time. That gives me the possibility to use Distortion or HPF on the Rev2 itself. I love the Strymon effects very much. So I can absolutely understand, what you are saying...

But if a synth has a reasonably good chorus, delay and reverb integrated, it suits my needs for most live situations in a rock band. Nobody will be able to tell if its this or that reverb in this context. It is more important to me, to be able to use all three at the same time. For example the PEAK does this quite well. The first reviewers of the Polybrute talked about very good effects, so I keep the fingers crossed, that this synth exactly what I was looking for, for years.

It seems to be like a mixture of a Prophet 6 which I love soundwise very much, and my Rev2 with its endless possibilities.

jok3r

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2020, 01:05:07 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hROgmReY_-0

Finally a longer musical demonstration of the instrument (apart from the beginning). I think it sounds pretty good. I hope mine will arrive the next 10 days or so, if Thomann does not postpone my pre-order.

A Thousand Eyes

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2020, 06:30:17 AM »
Personally I'd change my order to a P6 module if that's the quality of sound you're after. You've already got synths that practically do it all. This sounds to me like, well, a poly Brute.

Just my two cents.

jok3r

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2020, 06:36:57 AM »
Personally I'd change my order to a P6 module if that's the quality of sound you're after. You've already got synths that practically do it all. This sounds to me like, well, a poly Brute.

Just my two cents.

I thought about this a lot... even before you posted it. But I like the Polybrute sound for what it is as well. I think it can do a lot that the P6 can do, but certainly not everything. But for my personal needs the Polybrute seems to give me more at the moment. If it turns out to be sound shitty in real I can still give it back within 30 days and buy a P6 module then. There is at least a chance that this could really happen ;-)