Prophet 6 - Knobs vs values

Prophet 6 - Knobs vs values
« on: April 18, 2016, 12:39:28 AM »
I do like the concept of eg. a SUB37 where you do have at least some indication about knobs-settings and its corresponding  values (envelopes, lfo, etc.)

With the Prophet-6 all knobs have the same scales without any values - so you have 100% to rely "on your ears". Even with the Editor you only get values from 0-127 which do not mean a lot...

So I spent some time to "measure" the most important parameters - youŽll find the outcome in attached .pdf-file.

Pls note:
- These numbers have not been checked by somebody else, it would be great if somebody (DSI??) could confirm them
- I do have very limited testing- und measuring-devices, so the numbers provided are only indications (even if they are with many decimals - they could be wrong)

Re: Prophet 6 - Knobs vs values
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 01:34:35 AM »
Thank you! You just answered this question: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,420.0.html

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 11:29:46 PM »
You are welcome !!

Funny - the synth cookbook you mention was my main motivation to do this whole exercise :)

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 10:02:08 AM »
Thank you! Just got the same synth cookbook as well, as was finding a lot of guesswork was required. Really wish that DSI would give this info in the manual. Looking forward to trying out these values.