Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)

Elric

• Peak Oil
Re: Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2022, 03:43:03 AM »
So, I just realized...  you can play the sequencer like a keyboard (hit Record twice so it flashes, then press the sequence step buttons).

But my fingers don't work that way. ("Scrunched in" and not feeling at all like a keyboard.)

So now, I want to play the sequence steps from the keyboard!
(Maybe all the lower/bottom 16 white keys? - From the bottom C to the high D?)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 04:05:36 AM by Elric »
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2022, 03:55:19 PM »
I just saw "Catch Up" mode for the dials on the Iridium!

Please add this?! (The way the dials work on the Pro 3 is crap. [I'm in Jump mode.])
I've lost far too many patches to the menu display switching, and thus changing the wrong parameter.  - I think, from the dials "finalizing" their position.

I love the base design and tone of the Pro 3, but the software is not done!

I've never bought a synth that didn't work correctly before.

I really hope Focusrite can fix the software for the Pro 3.
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2022, 11:23:32 PM »
+1 here on real-time step recording, for me that would be the most useful update.

« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2022, 02:35:29 PM »
PLEASE: CV input setting that will advance the arpeggiator with a trigger.

chysn

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2022, 02:50:53 PM »
PLEASE: CV input setting that will advance the arpeggiator with a trigger.

Yeah, I'll +1 this as part of a wider effort to improve the Pro 3's CV input capability, including Gate In and Sync In. Sync In could actually double as a path to advancing the arpeggiator, in conjunction with the HOLD button.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2022, 04:25:25 AM »
This is a combined question and a feature request.Let's say I hook up 1 external modular oscillator via the cv's and I'd like to now make the Pro 3 work in 4 note paraphonic mode to also count the external osc when I'm playing notes on the keyboard or when arpeggiated sequences are playing and so forth. Is this already possible? If not, could be a neat feature, and ideally it would be extendable up to a good number, idk, 6 or 12 or something (actually, realising now that there's only 4 cv's, so 4 different outs to control the pitch and then sending audio back via the cv ins possibly or a mix of all of them via the audio in?, would yield a total of 3+4 = 7 voice paraphony) (Unless controlling them somehow with midi, but I also see this is starting to sound over complicated) This is probably the first thing I'd do if I was to add a small modular system to the pro 3, that means I can essentially play thicker chords through the filters for pads.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 04:50:26 AM by mrj1nx »

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2022, 04:31:05 AM »
End of measure quantization when switching between sequencer phrases. It would be nice hit the Phrase "B" button and just have Sequence A play until the end of it's 16 steps before switching over to B.

« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2022, 07:02:57 PM »
"Back" button for accidental program/bank changes while editing/creating a sound.

It just happened to me again yesterday, had put together this really nice generative sound from scratch, using all the sequencer tracks, and while editing a sequencer track I accidental turned the bank-change dial .. and there it went.

« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2022, 11:18:45 PM »
I'm using the Pro3 since some months and i'm really happy with the machine but if i have a wish, i would see some more little effects in the machine like something like "sample rate reduction" to make more "lo-fi" sounds...

Frank

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2022, 06:50:01 PM »
"Back" button for accidental program/bank changes while editing/creating a sound.

It just happened to me again yesterday, had put together this really nice generative sound from scratch, using all the sequencer tracks, and while editing a sequencer track I accidental turned the bank-change dial .. and there it went.

Oh man! I've done that one a few times. It certainly elicits a loud, "Noooo!!".
And you know that file is sitting in the edit buffer in there somewhere. - Hopefully that's an easy interface addition, to get back to the edit buffer...

chysn

« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2022, 07:35:46 AM »
(glances covetously at the Take 5's filter bypass feature...)
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2023, 05:17:06 AM »
Hello,
since Pro 3 OS 1.0.2.3 was a new feature introduced, called New Sequencer Double Tap Step Edit Record Mode. My new Pro 3 has the latest OS 1.2.0.4 . Every time I try to use this feature, the entries I made this way, were deleted after pressing the record button in order to leave this mode. Is this a known bug?
Thank you.
Oliver

same experience, can confirm the erase phenomena, not knowing the way around to keep edited values.

« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2023, 01:53:18 PM »
Please post here....

First for me would be, UI overhaul and.....

Please read my newest post regarding my experience with the cracking issue in two consecutive units....

tommy

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2023, 12:24:26 PM »
The difference recognized by Sequential about the left-right channel level of the headphone outputs and main outputs up to 2 dB is noticeable and annoying for a premiun synth like Pro 3:

-Is it possible from Global to incorporate an option to adjust these levels?
- Or better, it would be possible to do an automatic adjustment of the L /R balance as part of the calibration procedure. (Sequential has already done this on other synths of the brand)

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 12:27:00 PM by tommy »

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2023, 04:10:38 PM »
The difference recognized by Sequential about the left-right channel level of the headphone outputs and main outputs up to 2 dB is noticeable and annoying for a premiun synth like Pro 3:

-Is it possible from Global to incorporate an option to adjust these levels?
- Or better, it would be possible to do an automatic adjustment of the L /R balance as part of the calibration procedure. (Sequential has already done this on other synths of the brand)

Thanks

I'm kind of going with the fact that this synth is so awesome, that's it's going to have have quirks.
(In fact I wonder about variations per build.  -  I have a have better one than you!  [kidding?] )
:D

W07

« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2023, 08:49:20 PM »
i wonder if selection of filter type could ever become a modulation destination. That would be amazing for sequences and arps

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2023, 05:28:26 AM »
I just realized, listening back to Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here), that the exact way the glide between the notes worked was very specific, and crucial to the sound of those leads.
That's got to be out of patent by now, and... I want it!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 05:32:42 AM by Elric »

« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2023, 09:36:07 PM »

Not sure if this feature is technically possible...

Could the Pro 3 self-generate it's own wavetables?

I find the concept very interesting.  Would be an amazing feature.

« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2023, 03:30:59 AM »
The Take5 just got an awesome update guys, lets hope the Pro 3 is next <3

« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2023, 07:29:51 AM »
I was thinking about it over the weekend.

For me:

1.) Sequencer cue (the ability to arm an upcoming sequence or even create a chain of sequence orders together. So that way the sequencer switches to the next sequence at the end of the current sequence's duration without manually having to time it yourself during playback.

2.) Interpolation of wavetables off/on. This way you can pin point the wavetable you want exactly and it would also be interesting sonically when modulating...almost creating a stepping or rhythmic effect.

3.) Pro 3's oscillator to be able to bypass the filter section. This would be great for some additive or LA synthesis type sounds with multiple harmonics.

3.) Real time record. This could be done similar to the Tempest in which one of the voices is used for the click (or in this case a beep) and then eventually it's stolen once more notes are added. From the Tempest's manual "After recording one or two tracks, a metronome shouldn't be needed once you get a beat going."