Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)

Re: Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2021, 01:10:34 AM »
Two quick ones:

1. The ability to hold an aux envelope's destination menu soft button to route modulation would be handy and tie in with the UI language

2. Randomise step values. It'd be nice to use the soft knobs to dial in a range of values, define an offset and choose the number of steps to affect too.

Admittedly I sent no. 2 over to Sequential already, but I'm curious to hear what people think of it. I imagine it'd be a powerful way to generate pseudorandom sequences on the fly

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2021, 03:00:49 AM »
Still want a legato track to overlap notes in the sequencer.
This for me would be the greatest thing.
Pleeeeeaaassssse

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2021, 03:04:18 AM »
Or the duration in the sequencer jumps to slide of it goes over the limit

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2021, 10:23:15 PM »
As a new owner I’m just beginning to explore the synth but here are some first points on my personal wishlist:

- The state of the Slider Latch button should be saved with the respective program (or even generally).
- Saving of a program: It would be very helpful if I could listen to the existing program(s) that I’m going to overwrite when selecting a destination for this new program. I can only see the name of the program.
- A "nice-to-have" would be if the "initial sound" settings could be changed according to personal requirements or taste.

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2021, 10:39:27 PM »
As a new owner I’m just beginning to explore the synth but here are some first points on my personal wishlist:

- The state of the Slider Latch button should be saved with the respective program (or even generally).
- Saving of a program: It would be very helpful if I could listen to the existing program(s) that I’m going to overwrite when selecting a destination for this new program. I can only see the name of the program.
- A "nice-to-have" would be if the "initial sound" settings could be changed according to personal requirements or taste.

I agree with points 1 and 3.

For point 2, this feature already exists: use the “compare” button as detailed on page 11 of the user manual.

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2021, 10:52:59 PM »
For point 2, this feature already exists: use the “compare” button as detailed on page 11 of the user manual.

Thanks, I’ll check this!

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2021, 08:08:13 AM »
Hey would it be possible to give us miliseconds for unsynced delay and predelay of the reverb?

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2021, 09:06:01 AM »
Forgive me if this is already on this long and cool thread:

I love paraphonic synths and this is the best one I've ever had.  There's a feature that was hardwired into my Arp Oddy and Dreadbox Erebus II that I wish was an option here (seems like it would be a firmware thing?)

I wish we had the option of choosing, when three notes are played in paraphonic mode, what defaults as the lowest, middle, and top voice.  the way they're just automatically handed out is of course cool and makes for a lot of welcome surprises, but if you're doing something like playing low notes and little two-note pads, it would be great if you could dependably have the lowest note have the same shape and modulations and such.  Same for if you're playing a lead line with two notes in the left hand. 

I know this would not always work out as you moved around the keyboard, and I think the occasional paraphonic switcheroo would make for welcome weirdness, but being able, as a rule to, say, have two vibrato'd saw waves up top and an osc3 triangle shifted an octave down as your lower note would go a long way.

While we're at it, would be cool if instead of always going in order, the oscillators could be deployed in a random order, including repeating the same one... this would add even another layer of randomness that could further add interest to sequences.

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2021, 02:04:52 PM »
Forgive me if this is already on this long and cool thread:

I love paraphonic synths and this is the best one I've ever had.  There's a feature that was hardwired into my Arp Oddy and Dreadbox Erebus II that I wish was an option here (seems like it would be a firmware thing?)

I wish we had the option of choosing, when three notes are played in paraphonic mode, what defaults as the lowest, middle, and top voice.  the way they're just automatically handed out is of course cool and makes for a lot of welcome surprises, but if you're doing something like playing low notes and little two-note pads, it would be great if you could dependably have the lowest note have the same shape and modulations and such.  Same for if you're playing a lead line with two notes in the left hand. 

I know this would not always work out as you moved around the keyboard, and I think the occasional paraphonic switcheroo would make for welcome weirdness, but being able, as a rule to, say, have two vibrato'd saw waves up top and an osc3 triangle shifted an octave down as your lower note would go a long way.

While we're at it, would be cool if instead of always going in order, the oscillators could be deployed in a random order, including repeating the same one... this would add even another layer of randomness that could further add interest to sequences.

+1   This would be great to have some more control over paraphonic voice/osc allocation...  this has been discussed a couple times on the forum.   Either through a Key Split type of configuration, Nearest Key priority, or Hold 1, Hold 2, Oldest 1, Oldest 2 priority modes.   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2021, 12:36:10 AM »

I agree with points 1 and 3.

The compare feature has evolved a bit and didn't work fully in the earlier versions of the OS. I think it was possible to listen to the stored patches but not see their names. In the latest version you can both see the name and listen to a patch before you choose to replace it.

jmg8

« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2021, 05:10:31 AM »
Not sure if possible but I'd love for the external audio input to be a selectable setting in misc params.

I'd like to keep a cable plugged into the ext input but still be able to use the EXT audio knob for feedback without unplugging that cable. On a patch by patch basis.

+1, this would be very helpful, please

jmg8

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2021, 05:12:53 AM »
Feature Request:   Remove (or just extend) the upper limit on Filter Drive, when adding a separate filter drive routing in mod matrix.

It would be nice if we add a modulation of DC > Filter Drive, that could be added to the Filter Drive knob to extend the total amount of filter drive available if using just a single oscillator.  (Right now, there appears to just be a hard limit at 128 value, but if it's possible with the circuit, it would be nice to be able to push the drive past a total value of 128 -- if it could be extended with mod matrix routing to go up to a combined value of 192 or 256, that would be awesome)  Assuming there's not a hardware limitation to the drive/limiter circuitry. 

It wouldn't affect any existing patches, but would allow for really pushing the overdrive harder to achieve similar results to Moog's Multidrive on Subsequent 37, when using a single oscillator.    Note: Subsequent 37 extended the max drive amount beyond previous generation Sub 37.

https://youtu.be/fS8syO7u0fY?t=288
+1 great idea

Moho

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2021, 02:32:45 AM »
Add the Tape Delay's from the Take 5 to the FX  8)

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2021, 11:51:43 PM »
Don't know if this is possible to add at this point but I thought it worth a go.

1.  I would be great if the ability to control filter spacing on State Variable and BP filters could be added (potential + - 127 so effectively be able to turn BP in notch) and be able to assign modulation to the filter spacing eg. LFO and Velocity... 
(I thought a good way to control this would be to hold the State Variable / BP button and using the state pot to change the spacing)

2. holding both Low Pass filters button activates them in parallel. (or filter routing options in a menu somewhere)

I really love making my synths talk and a great way todo this is by having 2 resonant filters woking in and out of each other..  8) 8) 8)

chysn

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2021, 06:25:47 AM »
I don't think I've added anything to this post. I've had my Pro 3 for nine months now, and my pet feature requests would be:

(1) A proper CV gate input, assignable to one of the CV ins. This would really round out the Pro 3's suitability as a CV hub.

(2) Switching of the sequence (A/B/C/D) via MIDI. This might be accomplished with an unused controller message.

(3) Sample and Hold. This is one feature from modular that I don't understand why hardwired synths don't have. I think the most elegant way to accomplish it on the Pro 3 would be to use the current S&H LFO shape, but then have an S&H source selection on the LFO Control tab, with Random being the default source.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2021, 11:09:50 AM »
Hey was already  sending it but I'll try it again. Please ad live recording of notes to the sequencer. That would make the pro 3  a terminator!! Thanks !!!❤️❤️❤️ pro 3❤️❤️❤️.

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2021, 04:08:29 AM »
Hi new here, and happy owner of the pro 3 since a couple of days, loving it!

Some feature requests:

• slower LFO options (for slow filter opening buildups, 256 bars, why not...)
  • more LFO shapes (check erica synths DB01 for inspiration)
  • lower gain staging of VCO levels and env amount in the basic program - 127 as a starting point is definitely not the sweet spot of this synth..
  • grunge on/off as a mod destination (would work great with aftertouch)
  • probabilities and 1/4, 2/3 elektron type conditional triggers
  • live recording of sequence (like on korg monologue)

That's it for now, thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 04:17:25 AM by pitrak »

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2021, 02:27:44 PM »
Don't now if it's feasible, but mapping an LFO to sequences ABCD would be really cool!
value 1-31=A, 2-63=B, ...

A S&H could randomize the 4 sequences, a faster synced triangle and a slower triangle combined would be more repetitive, but evolve over time, ... 

Then map the touch slider to the LFO frequency for a fill?

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2021, 07:49:21 AM »
Pressure as a mod destination - or a standard slower attack and release on the pressure values..

I find the aftertouch quite 'jumpy', it's discussed here as well.  https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,5355.msg52570.html#msg52570

I'ld like to be able to assign an aux envelope to pressure, so it gradually kicks in and out. It would allow for more expressive playing. Now you have to be moderate with the pressure values. With higher amounts in the mod matrix, you get jumps in the sound.

Mapping the aux env to the specific modulations containing 'pressure' as source can help with the attack phase (although the env doesn't work if you apply aftertouch a second time without releasing the key, so not useful for drones), but does not work for the release.

Pot Mode: Relative, Passthru, Jump - a fourth interpolated option.

Only options for live playing are passthru and relative. Both are not very ergonomic...
Passthru is a lot of knob turning. And if you turn back to 1 instead of 0 it doesn't pick up (happens all the time...)
Relative is far from ideal, especially if the pot position and value are very different.

An interpolated option that combines passthru and relative with some clever interpolation would be great.
Ideally it would behave like passthru when values are close and you pass thru.
If values are near, and you turn in the opposite direction, it would behave like relative, but with interpolation. E.g. pot is at 5, value at 0, you turn the pot clockwise, and it interpolates between 5-63. So if you arrive at 12 o'clock position, the values match. Could be exp or log curves as well...
If values are opposite, it kicks in at 12 o'clock and interpolates towards 0 or 127..

This synth is very clever and ergonomic in a lot of aspects, so I think stuff like this should be ironed out to make the process smoother and the result more musical.

Pym

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2021, 08:28:35 AM »
Lots of good ideas here. Can't make any promises but definitely a lot of solid workflow enhancements I'll think about
Sequential