Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)

Re: Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 05:39:31 PM »
Make the slew like it is on the Pro 2 so that you can turn it on or off and set the amount for each individual step of a track. This allows you to do much more interesting sequences.

+1 slew should be a source that can be added to the mod matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 12:52:42 AM »
Another mod destination request: how about some paraphonic mode destinations? Paraphonic Current Oscillator (Coarse/Fine/whatever). For instance, I'd like to apply a random fine freq to the oscillator that's being triggered by keypress. At the moment, the Random operator triggers for every keypress, so there's no way to avoid changing all oscillator frequencies at once.

I'll be the first to admit that it's a little special, but it would be pretty cool. It would probably be possible to do via Pro 3 -> analysis of MIDI note stream on computer with Max or similar -> CC -> Pro 3, but it would be a cool addition to the internal matrix.

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2020, 12:25:40 PM »
Feature Request:   Remove (or just extend) the upper limit on Filter Drive, when adding a separate filter drive routing in mod matrix.

It would be nice if we add a modulation of DC > Filter Drive, that could be added to the Filter Drive knob to extend the total amount of filter drive available if using just a single oscillator.  (Right now, there appears to just be a hard limit at 128 value, but if it's possible with the circuit, it would be nice to be able to push the drive past a total value of 128 -- if it could be extended with mod matrix routing to go up to a combined value of 192 or 256, that would be awesome)  Assuming there's not a hardware limitation to the drive/limiter circuitry. 

It wouldn't affect any existing patches, but would allow for really pushing the overdrive harder to achieve similar results to Moog's Multidrive on Subsequent 37, when using a single oscillator.    Note: Subsequent 37 extended the max drive amount beyond previous generation Sub 37.

https://youtu.be/fS8syO7u0fY?t=288

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2020, 03:36:14 AM »
+1
LFO Delay is a really nice function to have direct access to.  You can route an Aux Env 3/4 to LFO amount, but would be nice for each LFO to just have a dedicated Delay (or Attack) stage.   

It's a feature I use often on DM12.   Also, envelope ADR contour shaping would be super awesome.

++ for both

Missing LFO Delay is a pitty, it just makes things so simpler...
And also a curve for sustain on deepmind really simplify things sometimes as well

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »
There are "All" destinations for most other functions, but not these two...  I often find myself wanting to modulate these together with a single source (LFO or Seq Lane), and it's a tedious process to have to route multiple extra slots in mod matrix to target them together... and repeating the procedure if you want to make changes:

New Mod Destinations:
Osc All ShapeMod
Osc All Level

I would think these would be pretty easy to implement, and just be a quality of life upgrade to streamline things when doing sound design.

Sound Sets:
Free Patches:

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2020, 03:49:39 PM »
For Paraphonic Mode, it would be great to have some control over the voice stealing / osc stealing -  (ie: similar to key mode in monophonic)

1. Hold 1 Lowest (currently the only mode? )
2. Hold 2 Lowest
3. Hold 1 Oldest Note
4. Hold 2 Oldest Note

The Hold 2 Oldest notes would keep the two lowest voices/oscillators playing if they are held down.   So you could hold down two notes (say a bass root and octave up), and then play a solo/lead part up top, and the two lower notes will keep playing the whole time, even if you accidentally play legato (overlap notes) up top.  I often find myself wanting this behavior, and accidentally overlapping a note slightly and losing one of the two lower notes I'm holding.   Each new note played will only steal from the one unused oscillator that's available.   

With Hold 1 Oldest or Hold 2 Oldest, the behavior would be similar, but instead of prioritizing lowest notes, it would hold whatever the oldest notes are, if they are still held down.

Sound Sets:
Free Patches:

W07

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2020, 03:46:15 PM »
i'm finding some new bugs lately.
When the arpeggiator is enabled and i save a patch, it will not work properly until i disable and re-enable it.

I also had this strange bug where sometimes the modulation table resets to the saved version. I delete a bunch of modulation routings, and suddenly they are all back. This happens when i'm using the arp combined with the latch mode and edit routings while it is playing.

Envelope modulations and adjustments don't become audible when the arp is running until you disable and re enable it.

When played from the keyboard or via midi, the octave range of the arpeggiator is different? i need to set the octave value to one higher to get the same result when sending midi notes instead of playing the keyboard.

Occasionally the svf filter led blinks rapidly when it's not being used.

Arp bpm sync is still completely unuseable.

I'm hoping for another firmware update in the near future, this synth has so much potential. I don't care so much for new features, except maybe the option to have always retrigering from zero envelopes, and being able to use sequencer lanes as gate outputs.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 03:52:16 PM by W07 »

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2020, 04:13:42 PM »
Hi all! Brand new here!  Have been with my Pro3 since October and really has just been incredibly fun and mesmerizing, but have definitely run into a few bugs that I see people have brought up here. I have been experiencing a few intermittent issues/bugs that I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing.  It seems to freeze the machine from time to time when I send a LFO(s) into high audio rates, and then use that with multiple destinations in the matrix (have repro'd it with different # of destinations, but can't reproduce it consistently).  I also have had issues with the first note of any sequence randomly transposing itself to the same interval of the highest octave.  This happens after a couple minutes of a sequence running, but again, isn't happening every time I run a sequence for that length of time.  The other issue I've been experiencing is when adding a destination to the aux envelope it sometimes applies itself across all patches in that program and needs removed manually per patch, or the unit needs to be turned off and on.  Anyone else having these particular issues?

chysn

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2020, 01:39:15 PM »
OK, here's my feature request, something that would save me--and presumably others--quite a bit of time.

You hold Source, then choose a source, then you hold Destination, then choose a destination. You've made a new modulation connection, awesome! But NOW you need to turn up the Amount knob because it defaults to 0. It would be nice if the default Amount for a newly-minted modulation source was non-zero, like maybe 64. I mean... you KNOW it's not going to be 0, right? And it's not always positive, but that's a safe enough bet, as a default. It should be like patching a cable in eurorack: it's probably going to do something.

TLDR: My feature request is that the default Amount for a new modulation connection is 64.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 01:42:56 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2021, 03:55:09 AM »
I like the way the Moog One handles this, the destination parameter’s knob simultaneously functions as the amount control while holding the destination button.

chysn

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2021, 05:19:16 AM »
I like the way the Moog One handles this, the destination parameter’s knob simultaneously functions as the amount control while holding the destination button.

Woah, that’s good.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2021, 03:06:33 PM »
It would be spectacular to have the ability to randomize and/or offset the ratcheting amount and location. Example: I have a 64-step sequence that could really be livened up this way, such as by making ratcheting a mod destination, having the ability to connect an LFO and so on and so forth.

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2021, 03:38:17 PM »
Hi all! Brand new here!  Have been with my Pro3 since October and really has just been incredibly fun and mesmerizing, but have definitely run into a few bugs that I see people have brought up here. I have been experiencing a few intermittent issues/bugs that I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing.  It seems to freeze the machine from time to time when I send a LFO(s) into high audio rates, and then use that with multiple destinations in the matrix (have repro'd it with different # of destinations, but can't reproduce it consistently).  I also have had issues with the first note of any sequence randomly transposing itself to the same interval of the highest octave.  This happens after a couple minutes of a sequence running, but again, isn't happening every time I run a sequence for that length of time.  The other issue I've been experiencing is when adding a destination to the aux envelope it sometimes applies itself across all patches in that program and needs removed manually per patch, or the unit needs to be turned off and on.  Anyone else having these particular issues?
No but they sound non-minor and worth reporting to Sequential. That Aux Env issue sounds particularly strange.

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2021, 03:39:13 PM »
Yep you lose visibility of the original value of you’re programming a new patch but it’s worth the trade off for the ease.

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2021, 04:18:22 PM »
It would be spectacular to have the ability to randomize and/or offset the ratcheting amount and location. Example: I have a 64-step sequence that could really be livened up this way, such as by making ratcheting a mod destination, having the ability to connect an LFO and so on and so forth.

+1 for making Seq Ratcheting Offset a mod destination :)   Also, Seq Velocity Offset and Seq Duration Offset as mod destinations would be most excellent additions.

Sound Sets:
Free Patches:

Y

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2021, 10:41:34 PM »
I’d like the output volume (VCA) to be a modulation destination. We can access it for tweaking the loudness of a patch, but I have a use case that does not cover.

If I apply distortion, say by controlling the amount with the slider, doing so has the side effect of increasing the loudness. But without a modulation destination I can compensate with a negative amount I can’t  achieve a constant loudness.

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2021, 12:54:14 AM »
I’d like the output volume (VCA) to be a modulation destination. We can access it for tweaking the loudness of a patch, but I have a use case that does not cover.

If I apply distortion, say by controlling the amount with the slider, doing so has the side effect of increasing the loudness. But without a modulation destination I can compensate with a negative amount I can’t  achieve a constant loudness.
That’s the deceptively named VCA Amount

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2021, 05:41:20 AM »
Yep you lose visibility of the original value of you’re programming a new patch but it’s worth the trade off for the ease.
but then you can easily recover that value via the screen I presume and set the knob back to that position, especially if in pass-thru knob mode.

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »
Dimmable LEDs on the front panel would be great (or did I miss this setting hidden someplace?)

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2021, 11:26:27 AM »
No but they sound non-minor and worth reporting to Sequential. That Aux Env issue sounds particularly strange.

Thanks! I'll pass this along