Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)

Re: Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2021, 01:33:51 PM »
I'd like to see Wavetable number as a modulation source in order to do some wave sequencing on the sequencer.

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2021, 10:02:14 AM »
"Saved value" shown when a knob is turned.. Either that or a dot like on the P6..

Don't know if its viable with the architecture of the synth, but the ability to assign sequences to individual oscillators would be neat. Similarly, the ability to assign different filters to individual oscillators (concurrent filters being used) would make it a formidable alternative to a eurorack setup.

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »
Don't know if its viable with the architecture of the synth, but the ability to assign sequences to individual oscillators would be neat.
Pro 3 does support paraphonic sequencing (tracks 1-3 control oscs 1-3 individually, with independent lengths); page 67 of the manual.  Is this different?

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2021, 01:05:06 PM »

Pro 3 does support paraphonic sequencing (tracks 1-3 control oscs 1-3 individually, with independent lengths); page 67 of the manual.  Is this different?

Ah cool, thanks! I'm still trying to get my head around sequences/tracks/destinations.

Moho

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2021, 09:43:58 AM »
I'd like to see FX that don't click and pop  >:(

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2021, 11:20:36 AM »
Some of these may have been mentioned in other threads in the past, but:

Patch Lock:
It would be cool if there was a way to get an Inverse of the Seq Lock function.  ie:  You dial up a patch / sound you like, and then can press some key combo (ie: Seq Lock + Slew)  and it would go into a sort of Patch Lock mode where you can dial through other sequences for that locked patch/sound. 

Arpeggio Upgrades:
1. If there's a way to integrate Ratchets into the Arpeggio functionality, would be awesome.  I use Arp a lot with Gated/Trigger stepping (more than I use Seq play), and having a way to split the arp notes into ratchets based on step would be great.   
2. Add UpDown-RepeatTopBottom as an additional Arp pattern... would round out the other Arp pattern options - is helpful for some rhythmic patterns with even amount of keys held.

Arp and Seq Trigger Probability Per Step:
1. Add some way to set note trigger probability per step in arp and seq modes.  0% - 100% (default)...  set a step to 50% and it randomly doesn't play that step half the time.   Would be great for more procedural patterns, and could add a lot of interest. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2021, 06:46:31 PM »
i would love a dimming feature for all pannel leds

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2021, 09:15:05 AM »
Sequence transpose as a mod destination

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2021, 03:28:40 AM »
Just had my SE for 24 hours now and it will take some time to work through all the features this beasty has. The only thing I was spoiled with, was to see the waveform morph on the Piston Honda MK3 and this display seems even much bigger. So i’m curious if that ever will be possible. To see the waveform of oscillator 3 morph in the display? :o

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2021, 06:52:12 AM »
Another brain wave incoming:

- Make the A/B/C/D part of the sequencer a modulate able destination PLEASE!

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2021, 01:16:46 AM »
My only request is live recording notes in the sequencer.

In LOVE with The pro 3!

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2021, 02:31:36 PM »
Live recording!!  8)

Pym

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2021, 03:01:57 PM »
If you guys want live recording, can you give me an example of a synth that does this right?

I get the sense it will have to be like a live looper, but with our limited interface determining which parameters and parts of the workflow are most important will be difficult. You don't have a click track so you have to have an external sound source to sync against, so a lot of things that feel like they should be 'simple' won't be
Sequential

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2021, 06:49:43 AM »
If you guys want live recording, can you give me an example of a synth that does this right?

I get the sense it will have to be like a live looper, but with our limited interface determining which parameters and parts of the workflow are most important will be difficult. You don't have a click track so you have to have an external sound source to sync against, so a lot of things that feel like they should be 'simple' won't be

Hey yeah a live looper would be great. Syths that do it really good are Mc 707 Roland, and I also tried the live recording from korg mini Logue xd. Both are good. Thanks for the fast answer!  ;)

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2021, 07:29:18 AM »

Roland System 8. Arturia Polybrute.

But yes, the lack of a click track would make it pointless unless you can also implement a nudge function as well.

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2021, 07:37:00 AM »
What I would like to see, and should be fairly easy to implement would be the ability to "arm" the next sequence. Right now when alternating between sequences A,B,C,D it automatically switches over. It be nice to be able to have a mode where for example sequence A is playing and you hit "B" and sequence A runs it's complete length and then B plays afterwards.

A "hands off" song mode would be nice to
"PART "
"SEQUENCE:
"REPEATS"

So example
"PART 1"
"SEQUENCE B"
"REPEATS 2"
"PART 2"
"SEQUENCE A"
"REPEATS 1"
"PART 3"
"SEQUENCE B"
"Repeats 2"

etc but that might be too complicated to implement.

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2021, 08:59:51 AM »
If there's a way to generate a simple digital click guide (selectable option in menu) while recording, that would be optimal to have...  but not required.  It would just be dependent on being slave to a drum machine or other master source... but that would be fine.   I'm guessing that, like me, many others have their Pro3 permanently slaved to a drum machine, DAW or other clock source anyways. 

A couple thoughts on potential implementation:

1.  Consider using the Footswitch Pedal Input (or Sustain input) as the "Recoding Activator" for Real Time Recording, when the Realtime Mode is Selected in menu and the sequencer clock is running. 

2.  Have two recording arm modes (selectable in menu option, or maybe a shortcut with Record button and something to easily switch between the two):
   a.  Continuous Overdub Mode: As long as the Footswitch is held down, it will continuously Overdub notes, looping around and around for the entire sequence length... each pass could potentially add new notes to the sequence.
   b.  Punch-In Mode:  In this mode, the Footswitch pedal would perform a "punch in" recording mode (ie: Erases/Overwrites whatever notes are currently in the sequence, and replace them with any new notes played in real time.   If you held down the footswitch in punch mode, and didn't play anything, it would erase that section...  you could, on the fly, press down on foot pedal, and replace the whole sequence live over a measure and then release the punch mode and it would just play the new verse you recorded.   

Having both overdub and punch-in modes would be useful in this type of monosynth context...  allowing build up of a repeating sequence, and ability to switch up the verse on the fly.   

To me, there are many other Feature Requests in this thread that I would prioritize over realtime recording though (more mod destinations, glide in sequencer, probability in seq, more arp patterns, paraphonic note priority modes, etc) ... assuming its going to be a significant project to undertake.  For looping with the Pro3 (and other synths), I usually just use a dedicated Looper Unit (like the BOSS RC series units I'm currently using, or a MIDI recording sequencer like MC-707, MPC or Elektron unit)    But, yeah, would be cool to have realtime recording as an option.

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2021, 01:34:41 PM »
Hey the live recording function
Doesnt need a clicking track. I personally always sync externaly to a drum track. The live looping is just more versatile with síncopated patterns like in funk disco or some hose tracks.  Gretings and lot of love!

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2021, 12:05:25 AM »
Arturia Polybrute.

+1 on the Polybrute implementation. You can arm it and it will stay armed until you play the first note. The first note initiates recording:

- Play sequence
- Hit record
- Recording start when first note is played
- Recording stops before that step

If it works like this on the Pro 3 then the user can:
1) use an external metronome, drum machine, or other sound source
or
2) use the step lights to see when to start playing. Since recording doesn't start until the first note is pressed, the user can let the sequence play through completely a few times before even starting to record. So a nudge function wouldn't be necessary since the user can just start recording on the first bar. If they start on another bar, that's their fault!
or
3) use the sequence already programmed as the metronome. This method is a bit trickier because it would probably necessitate having an overwrite mode where not playing a note on a step erases the note and an additive mode where notes are added to the sequence but not removed.

Having said all this, I second creativespiral's opinions on other features. Realtime records is definitely a lower priority for me than slew control in the sequencer, etc.

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2021, 11:44:20 PM »
In the effect section - Delay and BBD Delay: Synchronization function.
Originally the sync cannot exceed 16, is it possible to increase it to 128 or less anyway?

Thank you
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt