Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)

Re: Pro 3, firmware OS.. requests.. improvements.. incoming :-)
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2023, 03:58:46 AM »
More could be done with Footswitch functions, beyond sustain and arpeggio hold. For example, it would be handy to assign the footswitch to "Toggle Effect Bypass" or "Advance A/B/C/D Sequence."

My biggest wish is still A/B/C/D selection via MIDI. But I also want to upvote (if that's even a thing here) LoboLives's discrete waveform request above. That one would have a helluva impact.

I would be asking to add "Show Toggle" / "Show Hold" to the footswitch.

DW

« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2023, 07:57:17 PM »
Save a playing arpeggio to a sequence.
So many great arpeggios randomly made up that would make a great sequence to work with. I know it can be saved sending notes but taking a snapshot right into the sequencer would be much better.

« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2023, 12:18:03 AM »
Will there be some love for the pro3 ever again?

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2023, 02:09:17 AM »
Will there be some love for the pro3 ever again?

I'm hoping so.
I think it's one of the best mono synths ever made.
And I'm still hoping for a serious 2.0 firmware update for it.
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2023, 04:51:48 AM »
More ideas....

ADJUSTMENTS:
- Merge FX1 + FX2 type & amount pages together onto a single page. Then following is already present behavior - Pressing SHOW EFFECTS shows this new merged page. Pressing SHOW EFFECTS + EFFECT 1 opens Effect 1 Params menu, similarly for effect 2.
- When going to an INIT patch via the transpose shortcut with SEQ LOCK enabled, the INIT patch should keep the previous sequence instead of defaulting to the default sequence
- When erasing a track, the erased track should be empty without the C0 notes as of now
- Add SWING knob as possible source for patch morphing (obviously it's primary function will not take effect when assigned as morph knob

NEW FUNCTIONS:
- Double pressing SHOW locks the current menu section on screen so that it doesn't jump to other screens when touching controllers. Menu lock is indicated by flashing SHOW button. Navigation between subpages of the menu is possible via the buttons under the screen.
- Holding SOURCE + pressing a key to cycle between keyboard mod sources should work only with the last 37th key. Holding SOURCE + pressing any of the first 36 keys should navigate to the mod slot number 1-36.
- Pressing INC+DEC together to enable / disable patch lock that prevents changing patches via encoders and only allows changing patches via the INC / DEC buttons and / or holding one of those buttons while turning the encoders.

NEW SHORTCUTS:
- Turning MOD AMOUNT while holding SOURCE to cycle between mod sources
- Turning MOD AMOUNT while holding DESTINATION to cycle between mod destinations
- Turning LFO FREQ while holding LFO 1/2/3 to adjust phase *
- Turning LFO AMOUNT while holding LFO 1/2/3 to adjust slew *
(* change order of slew and phase on menu screen to correspond to left / right order of shortcuts above)
- Pressing SEQ LOCK to open the SEQ/ARP menu
- Double pressing MISC PARAMS and / or AMP VELOCITY to cycle between envelope retrigger modes
- Double pressing MOD SOURCE to open SOURCE SORT sub-menu
- Double pressing MOD DESTINATION to open DESTINATION SORT sub-menu
- Repeat pressing LFO1 to cycle through LFO1 sub-menus, same for LFO2 and LFO3
- Pressing TRANSPOSE UP + TRANSPOSE DOWN together to open pitch range menu

A few more to come :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 06:23:03 AM by RadekPilich »

« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2024, 10:58:59 PM »
More ideas....

ADJUSTMENTS:
- Merge FX1 + FX2 type & amount pages together onto a single page. Then following is already present behavior - Pressing SHOW EFFECTS shows this new merged page. Pressing SHOW EFFECTS + EFFECT 1 opens Effect 1 Params menu, similarly for effect 2.
- When going to an INIT patch via the transpose shortcut with SEQ LOCK enabled, the INIT patch should keep the previous sequence instead of defaulting to the default sequence
- When erasing a track, the erased track should be empty without the C0 notes as of now
- Add SWING knob as possible source for patch morphing (obviously it's primary function will not take effect when assigned as morph knob

NEW FUNCTIONS:
- Double pressing SHOW locks the current menu section on screen so that it doesn't jump to other screens when touching controllers. Menu lock is indicated by flashing SHOW button. Navigation between subpages of the menu is possible via the buttons under the screen.
- Holding SOURCE + pressing a key to cycle between keyboard mod sources should work only with the last 37th key. Holding SOURCE + pressing any of the first 36 keys should navigate to the mod slot number 1-36.
- Pressing INC+DEC together to enable / disable patch lock that prevents changing patches via encoders and only allows changing patches via the INC / DEC buttons and / or holding one of those buttons while turning the encoders.

NEW SHORTCUTS:
- Turning MOD AMOUNT while holding SOURCE to cycle between mod sources
- Turning MOD AMOUNT while holding DESTINATION to cycle between mod destinations
- Turning LFO FREQ while holding LFO 1/2/3 to adjust phase *
- Turning LFO AMOUNT while holding LFO 1/2/3 to adjust slew *
(* change order of slew and phase on menu screen to correspond to left / right order of shortcuts above)
- Pressing SEQ LOCK to open the SEQ/ARP menu
- Double pressing MISC PARAMS and / or AMP VELOCITY to cycle between envelope retrigger modes
- Double pressing MOD SOURCE to open SOURCE SORT sub-menu
- Double pressing MOD DESTINATION to open DESTINATION SORT sub-menu
- Repeat pressing LFO1 to cycle through LFO1 sub-menus, same for LFO2 and LFO3
- Pressing TRANSPOSE UP + TRANSPOSE DOWN together to open pitch range menu

A few more to come :)

Loving these! Let’s hope someone is beavering away on an updated firmware after Sequentials takeover.

« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2024, 04:39:37 AM »
The main function I really miss is the ability to set a slope / glide between steps in a sequence. Being able to transition between different values would really open up the sequencer, and I believe is on the original Pro 2.

I know it's a heavily requested feature so hoping it's updated.  8)

« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2024, 09:46:19 AM »
The main function I really miss is the ability to set a slope / glide between steps in a sequence. Being able to transition between different values would really open up the sequencer, and I believe is on the original Pro 2.

I know it's a heavily requested feature so hoping it's updated.  8)

It was very useful on the Pro 2, whereas the generic slew applied on all steps on the Pro 3 really isn't useful.  It would be a nice improvement for sure.

Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2024, 11:26:20 PM »
1.2.0.7 is out guys, just a small bug fix the notes say, please post your findings and issues here, will update mine after work later today.

« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2024, 10:25:21 AM »
1.2.0.7 is out guys, just a small bug fix the notes say, please post your findings and issues here, will update mine after work later today.

Let me know if you need to reload the alt tunings after the update.  If so, I wont bother.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2024, 12:58:31 PM »

Let me know if you need to reload the alt tunings after the update.  If so, I wont bother.

Hmmm, I don’t use the alt tunings but how would one check for this?

« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2024, 10:16:10 AM »
I just seem to remember needing to reload them when I did an update, as they disappeared.    For example, none came up in the alternate tuning section of misc parameters.   BTW, any idea what the "small bug" is?     Just not a big fan of the whole midi ox-buffer trial and error setting updates process on the sequential stuff.   I'm hoping that's one thing Sequential can modernize on to make update life easier.

The alt tunings are fun to circulate thru when you have a sequence playing.  Some neat outcomes. 

« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2024, 01:07:05 PM »

Where can this be downloaded? The latest listed on the support page is 1.2.0.4.

I am having a bizarre problem with my SE being one step off when played via MIDI at random times; just figured I'd install the latest to see if that exorcizes the demon.

« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2024, 02:50:03 PM »

I am having a bizarre problem with my SE being one step off when played via MIDI at random times; just figured I'd install the latest to see if that exorcizes the demon.
The first pinned post in the pro 3 section here on the forum:

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?board=40.0

« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2024, 11:04:10 PM »

It’s right at the top of the forum pinned posts, I’ve copied the link below.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5201.0;attach=4895

« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2024, 11:12:04 PM »
^^^^^^ haha beat mea to it!

Anyway, reading back through this thread, it highlights some serious issues for a lot of owners. Also, all of the suggestion are really thoughtful and incredibly inspiring and really appreciate the participation in this thread for the whole community.

I don’t know where the Sequential firmware staff currently stand after the takeover by Focusrite but one would hope the Pro3 is going to receive plenty of firmware updates :fingers crossed:

« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2024, 09:46:16 AM »
Anything to take the guess out of it would be appreciated, i.e.    "Yes, Possible future update" ,  No updates foreseen"